[JPL] Attn: Ed

Ronald Edward Gill rongill2 at me.com
Fri Aug 13 10:59:58 EDT 2010

Ed,

I spoke recently with Dick LaPalm, who did the promotion for my recent
recording with John Stein.

John and I want to make ourselves available to interested programmers
for radio interviews and Dick suggested that I run this by you.

Would the text below be appropriate to send to the JPL list?

Please let me know if it would be appreciated.

Many thanks, and all the best!

Ron Gill

Since introducing our CD, Turn Up The Quiet, on Whaling City Sound
Records in May, John Stein and I have experienced a wonderfully
positive and warm reception. John and I realize how much product you
regularly receive. We wish to thank you and are honored by the support
you have shown us.

Making the CD was a labor of love. We selected songs that I have
wanted to sing for years, did much research in order to find various
versions of the tunes, and in some cases transcribed the tunes from
recordings because we couldn't find lead sheets. We rehearsed the
material in order to create our own unique artistic interpretations
and recorded everything with great care.

We are available to provide interviews for those who feel our
experience would be interesting to their audience. We can share the
process of choosing repertoire (which as a singer of many years'
experience I know to be an all-important first step). We can discuss
the experience of finding unique personal interpretations for each
song. We were also careful to vary styles and tempos to give the
overall CD an artistic flow (especially important in the minimalist
instrumental context of duets and trios -- voice with guitar, or voice
with piano and bass). We were careful to capture the performances in
the studio with an intent to create and maintain a sense of intimacy.

Thank you again for the spins, reviews, and warm comments.

We hope you will be interested in contacting us for interviews.

All the best,

Ron Gill:  rgill7344 at yahoo.com

& John Stein:  jstein at berklee.edu