[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Aug 14,2010

Mark Dove jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 14 21:44:42 EDT 2010

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Aug 14,2010

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Aug 14,2010

Hour 1

JOE GRANSDEN - "I'll Remember April" - Live at Churchill Grounds - (Hot Shoe)

PHIL BROWN AND THE NEW ARTS JAZZTET - "Bright Side" - Bright Side - (Caldera)

MATT HAVILAND - "Broome St Blues" - Between Good and Evil - (Connotation)

BRIDGE QUARTET - "Strode Rode" - Day - (Origin)

CHARLES EARLAND - "My Blues Is Funky" - If Only For One Night - (Highnote)

MICHAEL DEASE - "Four" - Grace - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Bittersweet" - Past Present - (Origin)

DENNIS NUNNALLEY - "Georgia On My Mind" - Solo Piano - (indep)

Hour 2

DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET - "Blue Rondo A La Turk" - Time Out - (Sony)

TOM BRANTLEY - "In a Mello Tone" - Boneyard - (Summit)

KENNY BURRELL - "All Blues" - 75th Birthday Bash - (Blue Note)

RICK SIMERLY - "Little Sunflower" - Obscurity - (Double Time)

HORACE SILVER - "Senor Blues" - Six Pieces of Silver - (Blue Note)

DAVE GLENN - "Blues for Buck O Neil" - National Pastime - (Origin)

JOHN STEIN - "Jack's Back" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

LOU DONALDSON - "Blues Walk" - Blues Walk - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

TAKE 6 - "Straighten Up and Fly Right" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

JOE GRANSDEN - "Blame It On My Youth" - Live at Churchill Grounds - (Hot Shoe)

LINDA DACHTYL - "Do I Move You" - For Hep Cats - (Chicken Coup)

GAIL PETTIS - "Moonlight In Vermont" - May I Come In - (Origin)

ERNESTINE ANDERSON - "Never Make Your Move Too Soon" - I Love Being Here With You - (Concord)

FRANK SINATRA - "Baubles Bangles and Beads" - Sinatra/Jobim - (Reprise)

BILLIE HOLIDAY - "Tain't Nobody's Business If I Do" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

JAMIE DAVIS - "Blue Skies" - Vibe Over Perfection - (Unity Music)

RENE MARIE - "Weekend" - Experiment In Truth - (indep)

KENNY WASHINGTON - "Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me" - Live at Anna's Jazz Island - (indep)

DAVE FRISHBERG - "Gotta Get Me Some ZZZs" - Retromania Live at the Jazz Bakery - (Arbors Jazz)

Comments, Requests, Suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM