[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 8-15-10

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 15 19:46:37 EDT 2010

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 4-6 pm
Aug. 15, 2010

Remembering Abbey Lincoln
1) Abbey Lincoln-Love Walked In (Abbey Lincoln's Affair)
2) Abbey Lincoln-Afro Blue (Abbey is Blue)
3) Abbey Lincoln/Hank Jones-Where There Is Love (Where There Is Love)
4) Abbey Lincoln w/Stan Getz-I'm In Love (Stan Getz: A Life In Jazz)
5) Abbey Lincoln w/Sonny Rollins-Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe (The Essential Sonny Rollins on Riverside)
6) Abbey Lincoln-Never Leave Me (Clifford Brown-Max Roach Alone Together)
7) Abbey Lincoln w/Cedar Walton-In A Sentimental Mood (The Maestro)
8) Abbey Lincoln-When Malindy Sings (Straight Ahead)
9) Abbey Lincoln-Left Alone (The Jazz Singers)
10) Abbey Lincoln-Crazy He Calls Me (Blue Vocals Vol. 2)
11) Abbey Lincoln-I Must Have That Man (Carnegie Hall Salutes The Jazz Masters)
12) Abbey Lincoln-What A Little Moonlight Can Do (Abbey Sings Billie)
13) Abbey Lincoln-Who Used To Dance (Who Used To Dance)
14) Abbey Lincoln-Bird Alone (Gotta Pay The Band)
15) Abbey Lincoln-Throw It Away (Abbey Sings Abbey)
16) Abbey Lincoln-It's Me O' Lord (It's Me)
17) Abbey Lincoln w/Frank Morgan-Ten Cents a Dance (The Rodgers & Hart Songbook)
18) Abbey Lincoln w/Max Roach-Driva' Man (We Insist Freedom Now Suite)
19) Abbey Lincoln w/Max Roach-Mendacity (Percussion Bitter Sweet)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com