[JPL] PLAYLISTS: Flotation Device & Bright Moments KBCS

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 06:24:58 EDT 2010

Flotation Device

with Bill Barton

Sunday, August 15, 2010

10:00 p.m. - midnight

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

 Max Roach (featuring Abbey Lincoln) – Freedom Day – We Insist! Freedom Now
Suite – Candid

Abbey Lincoln – Throw It Away – Abbey Sings Abbey – Verve

Willem Breuker Kollektief – Overtime/Überstunden – NM Classics

 [mike break]

 Abbey Lincoln – You Gotta Pay the Band – You Gotta Pay the Band – Verve

Abbey Lincoln – I Got Thunder (And It Rings) – The World Is Falling Down –
Verve

Max Roach (featuring Abbey Lincoln) – All Africa – We Insist! Freedom Now
Suite – Candid

 [mike break]

 Graham Collier Septet (featuring Harry Beckett) – Hirayoshi Suite – Deep
Dark Blue Centre – Deram

(N) (NW) Dennis Rea – Three Views From Chicheng Precipice (after Bai Juyi) –
Three Views From Chicheng Precipice – Moonjune

 [mike break]

 (N) ROVA & Nels Cline Singers – Cesar Chávez – The Celestial Septet – New
World

Alex Coke/Tina Marsh/Steve Feld – Peace Prayer – It's Possible – VoxLox

 [mike break]

 Ras Moshe Quartet – Transcendence – Transcendence – KMB Jazz

(NW) Sunship – Psalm X – Sunship – (self-produced)

 [mike break]

 (N) Mikrokolektyw – Lipuko – Revisit – Delmark

Fred Anderson – Funky Fred – A Night at The Velvet Lounge: Made in Chicago
2007 – Estrada Poznanska

 (N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist

A celebration of the life and legacy of Abbey Lincoln.

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, August 16, 2010

00h00 – 02h00

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

 Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Theme for the Eulipions – A Standing Eight – 32 Jazz

Abbey Lincoln – The Music is the Magic – Devil's Got Your Tongue – Verve

Abbey Lincoln – Caged Bird – Wholly Earth – Verve

 [mike break]

 Ethnic Heritage Ensemble – Barundi – Mama's House Live 35th Anniversary
Project – Katalyst

Max Roach (featuring Abbey Lincoln) – Driva'man – We Insist! Freedom Now
Suite – Candid

Abbey Lincoln – Let Up – Abbey is Blue – Riverside

 [mike break]

 Abbey Lincoln – Lost in the Stars – Abbey is Blue – Riverside

(N) Ran Blake & Christine Correa – When Malindy Sings – Out of the Shadows –
Red Piano Records

 [mike break]

 (N) Rebecca Coupe Franks – Chase – Check the Box – (self-produced)

(N) Sarah Wilson – At Zebulon – Trapeze Project – Brass Tonic Records

(NW) Reptet – Eve of Thrieve – Chicken Or Beef? – Monktail

 [mike break]

 Bill Barron – Blues in B Flat Minor – Compilation – Cadence Jazz

 [mike break]

 (N) Rafi Malkiel – Meet My Sweet Little Sea Monsters in Aguaphonium Land –
Water – Tzadik

(N) Rafi Malkiel – Water – Water – Tzadik