[JPL] R.I.P. Herman Leonard - photographer, 87, chronicled mid-century jazz scene

Doug Moody doug at moodysmood.com
Mon Aug 16 12:27:09 EDT 2010

Great almost doesn't seem to be a strong enough word.  Mr. Leonard's photos
were truly works of art.

I'm truly blessed to have a one of a kind signed Leonard original hanging in
my home.  Dr. JB Dyas of the Monk Institute, a long time friend of Herman
Leonard, got him do a photo of the large bottle of Brother Thelonious which
JB gave to me as a Christmas gift, something I will always treasure.

Doug Moody
KMFB-FM &
North Coast Brewing
Fort Bragg, California

---
The international jazz community loses another Great One...here's a link to
the LA Times obituary...

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-herman-leonard-20100816,0,76459
18.story

____________________________________
mfa - mitchell feldman associates
...radio promotion, publicity & consulting for the international jazz
community

2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
www.JazzRadioPromotionAndPublicity.com
SKYPE = birdmonk

Finalist - 2010 & 2008 JazzWeek Radio Promoter of The Year