[JPL] Pronunciations

awilrivera at hotmail.com awilrivera at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:35:34 EDT 2010

Jae,

I just had this conversation with a colleague last week. This is happening more and more and what ultimately happens is that these artists are not getting any airplay.....which is unfortunate. In some cases titles of songs can't be decipered. Come on people, work with me/us. It you come up with titles in a language that isn't English.......PLEASE  include the translation. More times than often , I'm seaching for the correct pronounciation of artists' names or song titles. It's very time consuming.

I'll quote a colleague......"If I can't say it, I can't play it."

Awilda

Awilda Rivera
On-Air Host
WBGO - JAZZ 88.3 FM