[JPL] Pronunciations

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Aug 17 13:47:34 EDT 2010

My day job is as a classical announcer - if I don't attempt to come close to
"correct" pronunciation, I hear directly (sometimes vehemently) from
listeners who know.  This can sometimes be a problem as well if an artist
chooses to use a different pronunciation - some foreign-born performers who
spend a lot of time in the United states choose to allow their name to
Americanized.  Whenever I have the chance to speak with someone, I try to
ask them their preference.

That said, yes, it's nice to have the information immediately available.

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com