[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - August 16 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Tue Aug 17 19:52:24 EDT 2010

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, August 16, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio -
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Greetings! Like everyone else, I'm sure, it was my sad and humble task to
include a tribute to the great Abbey Lincoln this week. I only got to see
her live once, but it was a memorable performance. All the best from
Northern California, Jerry

*Jeremy Pelt & Wired* - “Cause” from *Shock Value - Live At Smoke* on *
MaxJazz
**Curt Ramm /Dan Moretti/Bill Cunliffe* - “Vine Street” from *Foundations*on
*Foundations Jazz*
*Tia Fuller* - “Windsoar” from *Decisive Steps* on *Mack Avenue Records*
*Abbey Lincoln* - “My Man” from *With the Riverside Jazz Stars* on *
Riverside/OJC**
Abbey Lincoln* - “My Love Is You” from *A Turtle's Dream* on *Jazz**
Abbey Lincoln* - “Love What You Doin'” from *Who Used to Dance* on *Jazz*

*Robert Glasper* - “Think of One” from *Double Booked* on *BLUE NOTE**
Steve Allee Trio* - “Bus to Belmopan” from *Dragonfly* on *Owl Studios**
The Stryker / Slagle Band* - “Came to Believe” from *Keeper* on *Panorama*

*Yusef Lateef* - “Nubian Lady” from *Gentle Giant* on *Atlantic**
Peter Apfelbaum & The New York Hieroglyphics* - “Song of the Signs” from *Song
of the Signs* on *ACT Music**
Jason Bodlovich Quartet* - “The Culprit” from *The Culprit* on *Moonrise
Productions*

*The Roy Hargrove Big Band* - “Mambo for Roy” from *Emergence* on *EmArcy**
Various Artists* - “Limited Edition Express” from *Legendary* on *Mama
Records**
Don Sebesky* - “Naima” from *Full Cycle* on *GNP Crescendo*

*Artie Shaw* - “The Man I Love” from *The Centennial Collection* on *Blue
Bird**
Rosemary Clooney* - “A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square” from *Sings
Ballads* on *Concord Jazz*

 --
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing