[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - August 23 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Tue Aug 24 18:33:44 EDT 2010

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, August 23, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio -
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Greetings. Wow, we sure did get a lot of good new music into the station
recently. Had fun mixing and matching. All the best from Northern
California, Jerry

*Rale Micic* - “Naive Art” from *3* on *CTA*
*Jessica Williams* - “Elbow Room” from *Live At Yoshi's, Volume Two* on *
MaxJazz**
Geri Allen & Timeline* - “Four By Five” from *Geri Allen & Timeline LIVE* on
*Motema*
*Chucho Valdes* - “Both Sides” from *Chucho's Steps* on *4Q**
Gabriel Alegria* - “Puerto Pimentel” from *Pucusana* on *Saponegro**
Danilo Perez* - “Galactic Panama” from *Providencia* on *Mack Avenue*

*Don Byas* - “Dark Eyes” from *Tenor Giant* on *Drive Archive**
Shirley Horn* - “Blues for Sarge” from *The Main Ingredient* on *Verve
Records**
Pee Wee Russell* - “I Used to Love You” from *Pee Wee Russell* on *Everest*

*Archie Shepp And The New York Contemporary 5* - “When Will the Blues Leave”
from *The New York Contemporary Five* on *Delmark**
The Butterfield Blues Band* - “Work Song” from *East West* on *Elektra**
Steve Lacy & Mal Waldron* - “Friday the 13th” from *Hot House* on *Novus/BMG
*

*Dave Peck* - “If I Should Lose You” from *Modern Romance ~ Live At Jazz
Alley* on *Let's Play Stella Records**
Gerry Mulligan/Paul Desmond Quartet* - “Blues in Time” from *Gerry
Mulligan/Paul Desmond Quartet* on *Verve Records**
Tete Montoliu* - “Here's That Rainy Day” from *Music for Perla* on *
Steeplechase*

*Pee Wee Russell* - “Exactly Like You” from *Pee Wee Russell* on *Everest*

--
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing
jerry at rocketwords.com