[JPL] Lawrence Tanter/KKJZ

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Fri Aug 27 09:07:41 EDT 2010

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/writer-263862-gary-register.html

NEW PD AT KJAZZ

If you’re a Lakers fan, you know Lawrence Tanter is the long-time
voice of the basketball team.  Until recently, he was also a weekend
personality on KTWV-FM. But now he’s reunited with former boss Saul
Levine as director of programming at KKJZ/88.1 FM.

“I have a long history with Lawrence,” Levine said.  “And I’m
confident that his programming talent and incredible knowledge of jazz
will further enhance KKJZ’s role as America’s number one jazz station.”

Tanter worked with Levine on his 1260 AM and 105.1 FM stations, but
this is his first time at 88.1 FM.  Levine’s Mt. Wilson FM
Broadcasters provides programming and support for the public radio
station, which is operated by the Cal State Long Beach Foundation.

“My passions are jazz and basketball – two American originals that
require teamwork and improvisation.  With the great talent already in
place at Kjazz, I’m excited for us to work together to take the
station to the next level.”

Ed Trefzger, Editor
JazzWeek
2117 Buffalo Rd Ste 317