[JPL] Playlist: Jazz around the world, 2MBS Sydney, Australia

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 20:38:05 EDT 2010

Dear JPL friends,

these are my latest playlists as Jazz programmer for 2MBS 102.5 FM in Sydney, Australia.

Sorry for the irregular postings, I've been traveling a lot and I've moved to a new place in Sydney (Address details below)

Thursday June 10, 2010

Benny Golson / "Step lightly" /New York Scene / Riverside
Lucia Pulido & Fernando Tarres / "La arenosa" / Songbook / BAU
One for All / "Incorrigible" / Incorrigible / Jazz Legacy
Grafitti / "Leeway" / Grafitti / Tom Graf
Beegie Adair / "Lovesick Blues" / Into something / AMG
Yotam / "McDavid" / Resonance / Jazz Legacy
Abdullah Ibrahim / "Bra timing from Phomolong" / Best of / EMI
Anouar Brahem / "Dance with Waves" / The astounding eyes of Rita / ECM
Paul Hanmer / "Conscienlessness" / Trains to Taung / Sheer Sound
Sarah Vaughan / "All too soon" / Ellington Songbook / Pablo

Thursday July 22, 2010

Tadd Dameron / "Romas" / Mating Call / Prestige
Rita Edmond / "Sunny" / A glance of destiny / DaBomb
Dave Wilson / "Ocean Blue" / Spiral / Summit
Allen Kwela / "Kwa Mashu" / Best of / Sheer Sound
Kermit Ruffins / "Drop me off in New Orleans" / 1533 Philip St / Basin Street
Marian Petrescu & Andreas Oberg / "Cakewalk" / Thriving live at the Jazz Standard / Resonance
Alister Spence / "On the loop" / The Pulse / Jazzhead
Hanjin / "Sweet Lorraine" / Raw Jazz / BBS
Ruben Lopez / "Old folks" / Jazz Argentino / Melopea
Holly Cole / "My baby just cares for me" / Girl talk / EAU

Thursday August 12, 2010

Ernestine Anderson & George Shearing / "Falling in love with love" / A perfect match / Concord
Paul Hanmer / "Umhlangano" / Trains to Taung / Sheer Sound
Lisa Ono / "Ominira" / Naima / EMI
VW Brothers / "Cecilia's song" / Muziek / Patois
Dave Peck / "They say it's wonderful" / Modern Romance / Let's play stella
Jamie Lancaster / "True" / Jazz & 90s / PMB
Danilo Perez / "Reflections" / Panamonk / Impulse
Gabor Szabo / "Breezin" / High Contrast / Verve
Tony DeSare / "Dreaming my life away" / Radio Show / Telarc
Jacob Melchor / "It might as well be spring" / It's about time / JM

Jazz around the world" is presented by 2MBS 102.5 FM every other thursday at 19:00 Sydney time. The program presents straight-ahead, accoustic Jazz produced everywhere around the world, both classic and new.

2MBS is one of the oldest community radio stations in Australia. It has a 50 Kw transmitter that covers a large area of New South Wales. It also streams over the internet at http://www.2mbs.com

If you are a musician, band manager or label representative and would like to send us your music for airplay consideration, please send it to:

Juan Carlos Valencia
1/23 Reserve Street
Annandale. NSW. 2038
Australia