[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/29

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Aug 30 09:17:21 EDT 2010

Here's this week's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight

Ken Peplowski           Little Dogs        Noir Blue                   Capri

Peter Dominguez    The Line    How About This                   PJD

Bill Cunliffe-Holly Hormann-Regina Carter    Star-Crossed Lovers

                                                           Three's Companyow
About This      How         Capri

Jiggs Whigham-Carl Fontana    Take the Coltrane

                                                                  Nice 'n'
Easy         Troppe Note

Jessica Williams       Wise One                  Touch
Origin

Sherman Irby          Countdown   Live at the Otto Club          BWR

John Coltrane     Chronic Blues      Fearless Leader                Prestige

1:00AM

Joe Wilder        Six-Bit Blues   Wilder 'n' Wilder                  Savoy

Kenny Burrell      Raincheck           Be Yourself                     High
Note

Marian Petrescu       Blue in Green       Thrivin'
Resonance

Cory Weeds     Corner Kisses   The Many Deeds.               Cellar Live

Janis Mann     If You Could See Me Now     Blow Away      Pancake

Jose James - Jef Neve     When I Fall in Love

                                                            For All We Know
Impulse

2:00AM

Charnett Moffett     The Celebration       Treasure                   Motema

Christian Howes       I'm Walkin'       Out of the Blue
Resonance

Patrick Stanfield Jones     Sunshine of Your Love

                                            A Heart and an Open Road
Motema

Stanley Clarke    Sonny Rollins   The Stanley Clarke Band     Heads Up

Jake Hertzog    What's New?      Patterns
Buckyball

Harvie S     Truth and Beauty    Cocolamus Bridge                  Blue
Bamboo

Keith Jarrett - Charlie Haden   Body and Soul   Jasmine         ECM

3:00AM

Stephen Anderson    Left in a Red State

                                                     Nation Degeneration
Summit

Takao Iwaki           Iguana               Introducing.
White Sands

Dave Anderson     Troubled Angel        Clarity
Pony Boy

Jacam Manricks        Mood Swing        Trigonometry               Positone

Scenes               Leviathan                 Rinnova
Origin

Marilyn Crispell - David Rothenberg   Still Life with Woodpeckers

                               One Dark Night I Left My Silent House
ECM

Marilyn Crispell - David Rothenberg    Grosbeak    "                    "

Doubt     Over Birkerot           Never Pet a Burning Dog
Moonjune

4:00AM

Terje Rypdal   Good Cop; Is That a Fact?   Crime Scene           ECM

Food                 Fathom                    Quiet Inlet
ECM

Stephane Furic Leibovici    A L'ile Fressanges

Jugendstil II        esp-disk

Nathan Eklund       Front Lawn                 Coin Flip
OA2

Ziggurat QAuartet       Vindaloo          Calculated Gestures        Origin

Scott Colley        5:30 AM                           Empire
CamJazz

5:00AM

Steve Davis     The Modernist                      Images
Positone

Matt Garrison    Without You - No Me    Familiar Places          D-Clef

Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra  Sleeves  The Endless Search  Origin

Jimmy Heath          No End                Turn Up the Heath
Planet Arts\

21st Century Swing Band    Two RBs   Pittsburgh Jazz Legacy  MCG

Ray Brown    You Are My Sunshine            Walk On                 Telarc

Ray Bryant        Little Susie            North of the Border
Label M

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV