[JPL] Monday November 1st 2010 "Jazz Til Dawn" * Radio Adelaide 101.5FM

Gregory L Fisher jazzviews at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 1 07:21:37 EDT 2010

Jazz til Dawn continues ...  Bigger than ever!!!!!!

Now from Sunday @ 12:00pm to 6am Monday .... that's 6.0 hours of Jazz!!!

This Week’s Schedule

12:00pm-1:00am The Breeze – John Deagan

1:00am-2:00am Modern Jazz Classics – Dr. Bob Stockton – (Author of: Listening to Ghosts)

    MJC-131  Dr Bob (1st Hour)

    Frank Sinatra / Just One Of Those Things / Young At Heart / ASV Living Era
    Joshua Redman / The Best Is Yet To Come / Space Cowboys / Warner Bros.
    Count Basie / Sweety Cake / Corner Pocket / LaserLight
    Jimmy McGriff / The Answer Is In The Blues / McGriff Avenue / Milestone
    Paul Chambers Sextet / Dear Ann / Whims Of Chambers / Blue Note
    Frank Sinatra / South Of The Border / Young At Heart / Asv Living Era
    Duke Pearson / Make It Good / Introducing Duke Pearson Big Band / Blue Note
    Horace Silver Quintet / Strollin' / Horace-Scope / Blue Note
    Cal Tjader / I Love Paris / Latin Kick / Fantasy
    Horace Silver Trio / Que Pasa / Song for My Father / Blue Note

2-4am New York Jazz – Tom Parker

4-5am Anything Goes – Lise Avery

    Anything Goes Lise Avery #521

    “Anything Goes” - Tony Bennett with Count Basie & Orch (Themesong)
    “Do Nuthin’ ‘Til You Hear From Me/Mood Indigo/It Don’t Mean a Thing” - Ella Fitzgerald     w/Tommy Flanagan Trio
    “The Boy from Ipanena” - Ella Fitzgerald
    “I Hear a Rhapsody” - George Shearing & Jim Hall
    “Did You Ever See A Dream Walking?” - Bing Crosby w/Lennie Hayton & Orch.
    “My Honey’s Lovin’ Arms” - Bing Crosby & The Mills Brothers
    “Minha” - Eliane Elias
    “Monotony in Four Flats” - Jimmy Lunceford & Orch
    “Blues in the Groove” - Jimmy Lunceford & Orch
    “Say It With Flowers/InkaDinkaDoo” - Jimmy Durante
    “Lunceford Special” - Jimmy Lunceford & Orch
    “Old McDonald Had a Farm” - Ella Fitzgerald
    “Don’t Rain on My Parade” - Ella Fitzgerald with Tommy Flanagan Trio

5-6am Jazz Made In Australia – hosted by Paula Langlands

Check out the incidental music:

Artist / CD Title / Track Title / Label
Ray Vega / Squeeze Squeeze / Squeeze Squeeze / Palmetto Records
* Descargo / Jazzaziz Vol 4. / Red Rocket / Jazzaziz WA
Bob Mintzer Quartet / Quality Time / Runferyerlife / Explore
John Stein / Encounter Point / Jordu / Whaling City Sound

* Australian artists on recording
streaming live 24/7 at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/listenonline