[JPL] A-Trane Playlist October 29th 2010 - CFRO 102.7 FM Vancouver BC

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 02:28:26 EDT 2010

*A-Trane Playlist October 29th 2010*

No. * Song title * * * Artist *:* Recording * * Label * Instrumental *[MAPL]

1 * Take the A Train * * * Duke Ellington *:* Ellington Uptown * * Columbia
* No * [----]

2 * Green Dolphin Street * * * Miles Davis/John Coltrane *:* Live in Paris
March 1960 * * Europe1 * yes * [----]

3 * Savage Grace * * * Matt Jorgensen *:* Tattooed by Passion * * Orgin *yes
* [----]
4 * Goodbye Pork Pie Hat * * * Jessica Williams *:* Touch * * Origin *
yes *[----]

5 * One O'Clock Jump * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross *:* Live in
Bremen/Germany 1960 * * private * No * [----]
6 * Bijou * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross *:* Live in Bremen/Germany
1960 * *private
* No * [----]
7 * Work Song * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross *:* Live in Bremen/Germany 1960
* * private * No * [----]
8 * Cloudburst * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross *:* Live in Bremen/Germany
1960 * * private * No * [----]

9 * Miles Runs the Voodoo Down * * * Miles Davis *:* Bitches Brew *
*Sony/Legacy
* yes * [----]

10 * Body & Soul * * * Warren Wolf *:* Raw * * WolfPac * yes * [----]
11 * Theme for Kareem * * * Christian McBride/Warren Wolf *:* Kind of Brown
* * Mack Ave * yes * [----]
12 * Airegin * * * Warren Wolf *:* Raw * * WolfPac * yes * [----]

13 * Sonnymoon for Two * * * Sonny Rollins/Ornette Coleman *:* SR at 80 * *private
* yes * [----]

14 * Mysterious Journey * * * Paul Horn/Ann Mortifee *:* In Love with the
Mystery * * Jabula * No * [MAPL]
15 * Reflections * * * Mike Garson/Jim Walker *:* Pied Piper * * Reference *yes
* [----]
16 * Lucky Charms * * * Michael Blake *:* The World Awakes: Tribute to Lucky
Thompson * * Stunt * yes * [MAP-]

17 * Hypochristmastreefuzz * * * Benjamin Herman *:* Hypochristmastreefuzz:
More Mengelberg * * roach records * yes * [----]
18 * Satan's Doll * * * Chet Atkins *:* Progressive Pickin' * * RCA *
yes *[----]

19 * Magna-tism * * * Warne Marsh/Pete Christlieb *:* Apogee * * Rhino/WB *yes
* [----]

The last fund-raising show of this year's Fall Membership Drive and the goal
had been reached before my show even started - just as well since the phone
system broke down about an hour into the show!

I had a number of incentives to give away and some are still available, if
you'd like to sign up as a member (and be eligible for free give-aways, get
a tax receipt and lots of other good things), go to
http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityPr...harityID=16772<http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=16772>and
click on the
*Donate Now* button and follow the instructions - don't forget to put the *
A-Trane* as your favorite program.

Then drop me a line and I'll be happy to put one of these in the mail for
you:
*Miles Davis/John Coltrane*:* Live in Paris March 1960* (2 CDs)
*Lambert Hendricks & Ross*:* Live in Bremen/Germany 1960* (2 CDs)
*Sonny Rollins w. Ornette Coleman*:*SR at 80* (2 CDs)
*Miles Davis*:*Bitches Brew* (2 CDs courtesy of Sony/Legacy) or
*Tickets to the Paul Horn/Ann Mortifee Book/CD Launch on Nov 6th - see
http://mim.io/24136 for details*.

Besides all that, a couple of new releases from our friends at *Origin* in
Seattle, *Warren Wolf* at the Cellar last weekend, and *Michael Blake* with
Blake Tartare (and Ben Perowsky!) coming up Nov 6/7 at the Cellar, and
*Benjamin
Herman* coming up Nov 20 at the Western Front - and the usual fun stuff.

This Friday, more previews of course and a healthy selection of new releases
that have been backing up over the last little while - and your request if
you want ...

 N.
________________

Contact: