[JPL] A-Trane Playlist October 22nd 2010 - CFRO 102.7 FM Vancouver BC - Taylor Eigsti

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 02:33:27 EDT 2010

*Seem to have missed this one ...

A-Trane Playlist October 22nd 2010*

No. * Song title * * * Artist *:* Recording * * Label * Instrumental *[MAPL]

1 * She Did it Again/Take the A-Train/ She Did it Again * * * Michel
Petrucciani *:* Live Solo * * Dreyfus Jazz * yes * [----]

2 * Giant Steps * * * John Coltrane/Tommy Flanagan *:* Giant Steps * *Atlantic
* yes * [----]
3 * Giant Steps * * * Tommy Flanagan *:* Giant Steps * * Enja * yes * [----]
4 * Giant Steps * * * Taylor Eigsti *:* Lucky To Be Me * * Concord * yes *[----]

5 * Daylight * * * Taylor Eigsti *:* Daylight at Midnight * * Concord * yes
* [----]

**** Talk with Taylor Eigsti*

6 * Freedom Jazz Dance * * * Taylor Eigsti *:* Lucky To Be Me * * Concord *yes
* [----]

**** Talk with Taylor Eigsti*

7 * Magnolia * * * Taylor Eigsti/Becca Stevens *:* Daylight at
Midnight * *Concord
* No * [----]

8 * Juju/Footprints * * * Gretchen Parlato *:* Gretchen Parlato * *ObliqSound
* No * [----]
9 * Butterfly * * * Gretchen Parlato *:* In a Dream * * ObliqSound * No *[----]
10 * Skylark * * * Gretchen Parlato *:* Gretchen Parlato * * ObliqSound * No
* [----]
11 * Ugly Beauty/Still We Dream * * * Brother Thelonious Quintet Featuring
Gretchen Parlato *:* Brother Thelonious * * North Coast Brewing * No *[----]

12 * Cry Out * * * Darius Jones *:* Man'ish Boy * * Aum Fidelity * yes *[----]
13 * We Are Unicorns * * * Darius Jones *:* Man'ish Boy * * Aum Fidelity *yes
* [----]
14 * Spooks * * * Marion Brown *:* Three For Shepp * * Impulse * yes *[----]

15 * Cliffs/La Falaise * * * Jan Jarczyk *:* Cliffs/La Falaise * * Justin
Time * yes * [MAP-]
16 * 2 + 2 = 5 * * * Ernesto Cervini/Joel Frahm *:* Litle Black Bird *
*Orange Grove
* yes * [MAP-]

17 * Umhome * * * Hugh Masekela *:* Home is Where the Music Is * * Blue
Thumb * yes * [----]
18 * Pink Moon * * * Taylor Eigsti *:* Daylight at Midnight * * Concord *yes
* [----]

19 * Your Body is Your Prison * * * Tommy Babin *:* Your Body is Your Prison
* * Drip Audio * yes * [MAP-]

Caught my guest on the show pianist *Taylor Eigsti* in the back of a cab in
San Francisco but (between cell phone drops) managed to have a good chat
about his new recording, the "new standards", working with *Gretchen Parlato
*, and his project *Free Agency* with Gretchen and [b]Becca Stevens (also
featured on *Daylight at Midnight*). The show at SFU Woodwards on Saturday
was lots of fun too with a number of new songs from an as yet unreleased
recording.

Other upcoming musical events, *Darius Jones* (at Ironworks - a real
southern soul outing by way of Ayler-style gospel), *Ernesto Cervini/Joel
Frahm* (at the Cellar), *Tommy Babin* (at 1067), *Jan Jarczyk* (at Norman
Rothstein) - and that was all last weekend! On the distant horizon, just
announced *Hugh Masekela* will be at the Chan Centre in the spring - more
later.

This week doing a special fund-raising show with lots of enticements to
encourage you to join Coop Radio, some rare recordings: Coltrane with Miles
in Paris 1960, the Sonny Rollins 80th Birthday concert with special guest
Ornette Coleman, Lambert Hendricks and Ross live in Germany 1962, or the
recent Sony Legacy Bitches Brew reissue - and some other surprises. (I'll
even take requests if you've heard something on the show before that you're
keen to track down.)

Tune in and get turned on ...
 N.
________________