[JPL] Playlist for The Vinyl Side of Midnight

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:20:22 EST 2010

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2010

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be
heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on  http://www.lcc.edu/radio/ - hosted by Mike
Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

Feel free to forward this to friends.

If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply
contact me at dreamtrane at gmail.com

You can use that same address for promotional information.

For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

11/7/10

Sandra Seaton is a playwright whose play, MUSIC HISTORY, is playing over
next weekend at MSU (details below). Tonight we spend the first hour the of
show interviewing Sandra about her life, writing and this play in
particular. The last two hours I’ll use throwing as much music history as I
can at you listeners. Tune in and enjoy!

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’; MOANIN’ (Blue Note)

Interview w/Sandra Seaton, author of MUSIC HISTORY, playing this week at the
Arena Theater @ Michigan State University (tickets available @ tp://
whartoncenter.com/boxoffice/performance.aspx?pid=1058).

Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder; THE SIDEWINDER (Blue Note)

Robert Johnson - Sweet Home Chicago; THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS (Columbia)

Louis Armstrong - St. Louis Blues; PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN
(Columbia)

Muddy Waters - Got My Mojo Workin’; CHESS BLUES (Chess Records)

Billie Holiday - Loveless Love; THE QUINTESSENTIAL (Columbia)

Ornette Coleman - Lonely Woman; BEAUTY IS A RARE THING (Rhino Records)

Count Basie - One O’Clock Jump; COMPLETE DECCA RECORDINGS (Decca)

James Brown - Please Please Please; MR. DYNAMITE (Polydor)

Stevie Wonder - Uptight; HITSVILLE (Motown)

Duke Ellington - It Don’t Mean A Thing If It Don’t Have That Swing; BEST
OF... (RCA Victor)

Aretha Franklin - Do Right Woman-Do Right Man; ATLANTIC RHYTHM & BLUES
(Atlantic)

Charles Mingus - Better Git It In Your Soul; AH UM (Columbia)

Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine; HITSVILLE (Motown)

Miles Davis - All Blues; KIND OF BLUE (Columbia)

Charlie Parker - Funky Blues; CONFIRMATION (Verve)

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious; THE COMPLETE GENIUS (Blue Note)

Les McCann - Compared To What; ATLANTIC RHYTHM & BLUES (Atlantic)

John Coltrane -Acknowledgment; A LOVE SUPREME (Impulse Records)