[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: William Parker & David S. Ware!

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Mon Nov 8 19:09:31 EST 2010

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at
http://thejazzsession.com/newsletter/101108_tjs_newsletter.pdf

...or read the text below:

(NOVEMBER 8, 2010) -- Please become a member of The Jazz Session!
http://thejazzsession.com/join

I am finally home after 10 days on the road. I've got nothing exciting
to say, other that I slept in my own bed last night. Huzzah!

So enjoy this week's shows, and if you have some extra time, check out
the poems I've posting daily at http://jasoncrane.org as part of the
November Poem-A-Day Challenge.

This week on the show: William Parker (TJS #215, Monday) and David S.
Ware (TJS #216, Thursday).

Next week: Matt Jorgensen (TJS #217, Monday) and someone I have yet to
interview (TJS #218, Thursday).

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
This week on The Jazz Session:
*********************************

TJS #215: William Parker. Bassist William Parker is one of the most
prolific players on the jazz scene today. His two most recent albums are
I Plan To Stay A Believer: The Inside Songs Of Curtis Mayfield (Aum
Fidelity, 2010) and Uncle Joe’s Spirit House (Aum Fidelity, 2010). In
this interview, Parker talks about the origin of both projects; what he
means by “inside songs”; and his unique take on the organ quartet. SHOW
AVAILABLE NOW. LISTEN

TJS #216: David S. Ware. Saxophonist David S. Ware's new album is
Onecept (Aum Fidelity, 2010). In this interview, Ware spends time
discussing the metaphysical philosophies that inform his music. SHOW
AVAILABLE STARTING 11/11/10.