[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday November 8, 2010

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Nov 8 21:58:33 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please directcd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday November 8, 2010

(Miles Davis) Milestones – Impressions: The Verve Sides – Wes
Montgomery with Jimmy Smith and Oliver Nelson – Verve – 314 521-690-2

(Cedar Walton) Shakey Jake – Buhaina’s Delight – Art Blakey and the
Jazz Messengers – Blue Note – CDP 7 84104 2

(Ceasar, Youmans) I Want  to Be Happy – Thelonious Monk and Sonny
Rollins – Prestige – OJCCD-059-2

(Mandel, Williams) Close Enough for Love – Dream – Mary Stallings –
High Note – HCD 7212

(John Lewis) Games/Skating in Central Park – Odds Against Tomorrow –
John Lewis – Signature – AK 47487

(O’Connell) Monk’s Cha Cha Cha - Rhapsody in Blue – Bill O’Connell -
Challenge Records – CR-73302

(Shavers) Undecided – Live at Voce – Steve Gadd – BFM Jazz – 302 062 403-2

(Bill Broonzy) Just a Dream – Cleanhead & Cannonball – Eddie Cleanhead
Vinson – Milestone – MCD-9324-2

(Erroll Garner, Sidney Shaw) Dreamy – Little Jazz – Roy Eldridge –
Verve – 314 523 338-2

8:01 NPR News

(Mann, Evans) No Moon at All – The Complete Capitol Recordings of the
Nat King Cole Trio – Mosaic Records – 138 – Disc XI

(Miller) Blue Champagne – Anita O’Day Sings the Winners – Verve – 837 939-2

(Cole Porter) All Through the Night – Dream Dancing – Jimmy Knepper –
Criss Cross Jazz – 1024

(McCullough) Urban Grassland – The Sky Cries – Chad McCullough, Michal
Vanoucek – Origin – 82576

O Que Vier Eu Traco (Bring It on) – Veja O Som (See the Sound) –
Jovino Santos Neto – Adventure Music – AM 1063-2

(Basie, Durham) Topsy – Swing 220 – Don Steinberg – Blue Night Records
– BNR-220

(Rose Marie McCoy, Connie Rushing) Tell Me I’m Not Too Late – Every
Day I Have the Blues – Jimmy Rushing – Impulse – 314 547 967-2

(Lester Young) Tickle Toe – One O’ Clock Jump: The Very Best of Count
Basie – Columbia/Legacy – 82876 81744 2

(Traditional) Go Down, Moses – A Beautiful Thing – Pete Malinverni
Trio – Saranac Records – SR-1009

(Charles Mingus) Reincarnation of a Lovebird – Candid Dolphy – Eric
Dolphy – Candid – CCD-79033

9:01 NPR News

(Gershwin) The Man I Love – Blue Lights – Kenny Burrell – Blue Note –
CDP 7243 8 52184 2 7

(Gershwin) Isn’t It a Pity – Return to Jazz Standards – Lisa Maxwell &
George Newall – Jazz, Lovers

(Steve Turre) Ray’s Collard Greens – Delicious and Delightful – Steve
Turre – High Note – HCD-7210

(Coltrane) Brazilia – The John Coltrane Quartet Plays – John Coltrane
– MCA-Impulse – MCAD-33110

(Johnston, Coslow) My Old Flame – My Old Flame - Joe Magnarelli +
Strings – Give @ Go Records

(Scott Hardy) Ancient – We’re Here to Listen – Leslie Pintchik –
Pintch Hard – Leslie Pintchik – www.lesliepintchik.com

(Cedar Walton) Bolivia – Lou’s Idea – Louis Hayes Jazz Communicators –
www.americanshowplacemusic.com