[JPL] PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #30 - "Fall For Funk & Funk For Fall" (soulandjazz.com)

scott at soulandjazz.com scott at soulandjazz.com
Tue Nov 9 17:58:04 EST 2010

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 30: “Fall For Funk & Funk For Fall”

Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, “The Jazz Evangelist”

This episode has nothing whatsoever to do with the fall season – it’s just funky. :-)

As always, it’s free, legal, in glorious CD quality, fun for the whole family, and available to download here and now:  http://bit.ly/cdVnyb

Over the past 29 episodes, those that have received the most response have been those that are funky . . . so, for the 30th episode, I’m giving the people what they want!  If you like funk, you’re in luck . . . if not, then you better write to me and tell me what you would prefer!

Here is an hour that features several Masters of Funk Jazz: Lenny White, George Duke, Marcus Miller, The RH Factor, The Brecker Brothers, The Jazzhole, Randy Brecker, Jon Cleary, Ronny Jordan, Herbie Hancock, Chaka Khan (with Prince), and The Brother’s Johnson. It ain’t nothin’ but a party ya’ll!

I’d love to hear from you – your comments, suggestions & requests may well influence future episodes! Just write to Scott at SoulandJazz.com . . . or search for the "Jazz Evangelist" on Facebook & Twitter.

PLAYLIST:  Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz

Episode 30: “Fall For Funk & Funk For Fall”

Artist – Track – Album – Year – (Label)

Lenny White - Ho-Cake - Renderers Of Spirit - 1996
- (Hip Bop Essence)

George Duke - The Alien Challenges the Stick / The Alien Succumbs to the Macho Intergalactic Funkativity of the Funk Blasters - Master of the Game – 1979 – (Sony)

Marcus Miller - Power - M2 - 2001
- (Telarc)

The RH Factor - Pastor “T” - Hard Groove - 2003
- (Verve)

The Brecker Brothers - King of the Lobby - Return of the Brecker Brothers – 1992 – (GRP)

Jazzhole - Shining Star  - And The Feeling Goes Round - 1995
- (Atlantic / Wea)

Randy Brecker  - Down For The Count - Hangin’ In The City - 2001
- (ESC)

Jon Cleary - Ain’t Nuttin’ Nice - Pin Your Spin - 2004
- (Basin Street)

Ronny Jordan - Downtime  - Light To Dark - 1996
- (Fourth & Bway / Pgd)

Herbie Hancock - Hump - Dis Is Da Drum - 1995
- (Island / Mercury)

Chaka Khan (with Prince) - Hair - Come 2 My House - 1998
- (NPG)

The Brother’s Johnson - Get The Funk Out Ma Face - Greatest Hits – 1976 – (A&M)