[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday November 9

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Nov 9 21:54:00 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday November 9, 2010

(Hammerstein, Romberg) Lover, Come Back to Me – Silver Pony –
Cassandra Wilson – Blue Note – 50996 29752 2 3

(Hank Mobley) Interplay - Interplay – John Coltrane – Prestige – PRO-PR-0163

(Joe Bushkin) Oh Look at Me Now – Back to the Bridge - Dan Adler with
Joey Defrancesco – www.danadler.com

(Patrick Williams) Aurora – Aurora – Patrick Williams The Big Band –
Artist Share – AS 0109

(Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn) All the Way – You Are There / Duets
– Hilary Kole with Monty Alexander – Justin Time – JTR-8561-2

(Wayne Shorter) Juju – Scenic Roots – Jason Jenkins Group – www.jenkinsmusik.com

(Vanousek) Bosa – The Sky Cries – Chad McCullough and Michal Vanoucek
– Origin Records – 82576

8:01 NPR News

Mamanita / My Little Dixie Home / Ponchartrain Blues – Jelly Roll
Morton: Doctor Jazz – Proper Box – 113

(Mack Gordon, Harry warren) You’ll Never Know – Lady Be Good – Janet
Carroll – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19420

(Charlie Parker) Barbados – Cookin’ at the Continental – James Clay –
Antilles – 314 510 724-2

(Mulligan) Bweebida Bobbida – The Gerry Mulligan Quartets in Concert –
Pablo – PACD-5309-2

(Cyrus Chestnut) Eyes of an Angel  - Journeys – Cyrus Chestnut – Jazz
Legacy Productions – JLP – 1001011

(Mal Waldron) Soul Eyes – Soul Eyes – Art Farmer – Enja – 7047 2

(Klenner, Lewis) Just Friends – Exhale – Arthur Blythe – Savant – SCD 2050

(Lecuona, Camarata) The Breeze and I – Spanish Grease/Uno Dos Tres –
Willier Bobo – Verve – 314 521 664-2

(Henderson) In ‘n’ Out – In ‘n’ Out – Joe Henderson – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 29156 2 1

9:01 NPR News

(Hancock) Chameleon – Head Hunters – Herbie Hancock – Columbia/Legacy
– CK 47478

(Delibes, arr. Evans) The Maids of Cadiz (Brubeck) The Duke – Miles
Davis & Gil Evans: The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings –
Columbia/Legacy – 67397

(Lennon, McCartney) Norwegian Wood – Valentina – Mario Romano Quartet
– Alma Records – ACD 15102

(Gus Kahn, Walter Donaldson) Love Me or Leave me / (Roy Turk Fred
Ahlert) I Don’t Know Why - Cleo Laine Live in Manhattan – Gold Label –
GLD CD 8017

(Heywood, Gimbel) Land of Dreams – Eddie Lockjaw Davis & Johnny
Griffin Live at Minton’s – Prestige – PRCD-24206-2

(Cole Porter) Love for Sale – Bird: The Complete Charlie Parker on
Verve – Verve – 837 152-2

(M. Dees) Back in New Orleans – Moment to Moment – Houston Person –
High Note – HCD 7217