[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wed 11-10

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Nov 10 21:54:21 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

 WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday November 10, 2010

(James Booker III) Pixie / (Bob Shad) Junco Partner – Junco Partner –
James Booker – Hannibal – HNCD 1359

(Hill, Hopkins, Williams) I Would Do Anything for You – Crazy Rhythm –
Mike Walbridge’s Chicago Footwarmers  - Delmark – DE 247

(Waller, Trent) Whiteman Stomp – The Fletcher Henderson Story –
Columbia/Legacy – C3K 57596

(Louis Armstrong) Song of the Vipers – Louis Armstrong: Portrait of
the Artist as a Young Man – Columbia/Legacy – C4K 57176

(Arnheim, Lyman, Freed) I Cried for You (Now It’s Your Turn to Cry
over Me) – Out of the Forrest – Jimmy Forrest – Prestige – OJCCD-097-2

(Mose Allision) Moon and Cypress – Creek Bank – Mose Allison –
Prestige – PRCD-24055-2

(Tadd Dameron)If You Could See Me Now –Continuum/Mad about Tadd –
Slide Hampton, Jimmy Heath, etc – Quicksilver – QSCD-4026

(Robin, Rainger) If I Should Lose You – Getting to Know You – mulgrew
Miller – Novus – 01241 03188-2

(Hank Cochran) A Little Bitty Tear – Rare Genius – Ray Charles –
Concord – CRE-32196

(Clarence Williams, Spencer Williams) Royal Garden Blues - Jazz
Masters 2: Count Basie – Verve – 314 519 819-2

(Green, Heyman, Sour Eyton) Body and Soul – The Art of Pepper: The
Complete Aladdin recordings of Art Pepper – Blue Note – CDP 7 46853 2

8:01 NPR News

(Djalimady Tounkara) Djalimady Rumba – Afrocubism – Nonesuch – 525993-2

(Carlos Franzetti) Serenade – Panamericana Suite – Pacquito D’Rivera –
Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild – MCGJ 1026

(Anthony Branker) The Renewal – Dance Music – Anthony Branker & Ascent
– Origin Records – 82579

(Don Cherry) Art Deco – Triveni – Avishai Cohen – Anzic Records – ANZ-5103

(Cedar Walton) Ugetsu – This Is New – Ed Bickert and Lorne Lofsky –
Concord Jazz – CCD-4414

(Danny Zeitlin) Quiet Now – Turn out the Stars Disc 5 – Bill Evans -
Warner Brothers – 9 45925-2

(Traditional) Went Down to St. James Infirmary – Silver Pony –
Cassandra Wilson – Blue Note – 509996 29752 2 3

(Ronell) Willow Weep for Me – Blue Hour – Stanley Turrentine with the
Three Sounds – Blue Note – CDP 7 84057 2

9:01 NPR News

(Monk) Well You Needn’t - The Best of Thelonious Monk – Riverside – RCD-5706-2

(Marty Symes, Isham Jones) There Is No Greater Love – Lady in Autumn:
The Best of the Verve Years – Billie Holiday – Verve – 849-434-2

(Andy Razaf, Fats Waller, Harry Brooks) Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Kenny
Davern: A Night with Eddie Condon – Arbors Jazz – ARCD-19328

(Jeff Rupert) Bad Moon – Jazz Town – UCF Jazz Ensemble I – Flying
Horse Records – FHR 101510CD

(Ellington) Rocks in My Bed – From His World to Mine – Dan Block –
Miles High Records – MHR 8612

(Ray Henderson, Mort Dixon) Bye Bye Blackbird – Steve Gadd and friends
Live at Voce – www.bfmjazz.com

(Brubeck) In Your Own Sweet Way – The Dave Brubeck Quartet Featuring
Paul Desmond On the Radio: Live 1956-57 – Acrobat Music – AMACD015

(Sergio Mihanovich) Sometime Ago – Second Chance – Irene Kral – Jazzed
media – JM 1049