[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday November 12

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Nov 12 21:52:20 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday November 12, 2010

7:01 NPR News

(Bud Powell) John’s Abbey – Somethin’ Special – Tardo Hammer – Sharp
Nine – CD-1020-2

(Weston) African Sunrise – The Story Teller – Randy Weston – Motema – MTM-51

(Michael Franks) Robinsong – The Art of Michael Franks – Veronica Nunn
– Dead Horse Records – DHR 2739

(Miles Davis) Nardis – Valentina – Mario Romano Quartet – Alma Records
– ACD 15102

(M. Parish, H. Roemheld) Ruby – To Reach a Dream – Jimmy Ponder – Muse
– MCD 5394

(Strayhorn) Lush Life – My Horns of Plenty – George Coleman –
Birdology – 314 511 922-2

(Whiting, Marion, Jr.) My Future Just Passed – Loads of Love/Shirley
with Horns – Shirley Horn – Mercury – 843 454-2

(Sam Most) Obvious Conclusion – Bob Dorough & Sam Most: Complete
Recordings – Lone Hill Jazz – LHJ10123

8:01 NPR News

(Andy Razaf, Fats Waller) Honeysuckle Rose / Blues / (Sampson, Mills)
Blue Lou – Bunny Berigan: The Pied Piper 1934-40 – Bluebird – 07863
66615-2

(Ellington) Fleurette Africaine – A Journey That Matters – Tineke
Postma – Foreign Media Music – 93524

(Sonny Clark) Cool Struttin’ – Cool Struttin’ – Sonny Clark – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46513 2

(Bill O’Connell) Log-a-Rhythm – Rhapsody in Blue – Bill O’Connell –
Challenge Records – CR 73302

(Patrick Williams) The Sun Will Shine Today – Aurora – Patrick
Williams Big Band Featuring Eddie Daniels – Artist Share – AS-0109

(Haden) Out of Focus – The Golden Number – Charlie Haden and Don
Cherry – A & M – CD 0825

(Andrew Hill) The Brown Queen – Passing Ships – Andrew Hill – Blue
Note – 7243 5 90417 2 8

9:01 NPR News

(Mandel, Webster) The Shadow of Your Smile – I’m All Smiles – Hampton
Hawes – Contemporary – OJCCD-796-2

Medley: (Carl Sigman, Jimmy Van Hesuen) I Could Have Told You /
(Stephen Sondheim) Deep in a Dream / (Eddie De Lange, Jimmy Van
Hesuen) Deep in a Dream / (Teddy Randazzo, Bobby Weinstein) Goin’ out
of My Head – Night at the Concord Pavilion – Mel Torme – Concord Jazz
– CCD-4433

(Peter Lerner) Inner Drum – Cry for Peace – Peter Lerner – Blujazz – BJ 3357

(Johnny Acea) Nice ‘n’ Greasy – The Natural Soul – Lou Donaldson –
Blue Note – 7243 5 42307 2 1

(Hoagy Carmichael) Stardust – Oscar Pettiford Sextet – Vogue – 74321-40945-2

(Kenny Drew) Clear the Dex – Dexter Calling… - Dexter Gordon – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46544 2

(Don Redman) Cherry – Last of the Whorehouse Piano Players – Ralph
Sutton / Jay McShann – Chiarascuro – CR(D) – 306

(Lewis, Klenner) Just Friends – The Stan Getz Quartet with Chet Baker
– Concord Jazz – CCD-4807-2