[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Matt Jorgensen & a Tanglewood sampler! Plus: the 100 By 300 campaign!

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Mon Nov 15 09:47:51 EST 2010

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at
http://thejazzsession.com/newsletter/101115_tjs_newsletter.pdf

...or read the text below:

(NOVEMBER 15, 2010) -- Starting, today, I'm kicking off my "100 By 300"
membership campaign. The goal is to reach 100 members by the 300th show.
If you'd like to keep The Jazz Session's interviewing coming, please
become a member today. Thanks! http://thejazzsession.com/join

My thanks to those people who have already become members:

* Lance Harris (Relaxin' level)
* Leo Rayfiel (Relaxin' level)
* Raindance Farms (Vanguard level)
* Terri Hinte (Vanguard level)
* Carlos Ibanez (Half Note level)

While you're online, please take a moment to visit
http://podcastawards.com and nominate The Jazz Session in the Cultural
Arts category. Just type The Jazz Session into the Podcast Name box and
http://thejazzsession.com into the Podcast URL box. Thanks!

During the month of November, I'm taking part in the November Poem-A-Day
challenge and posting a poem each day at http://jasoncrane.org. On
Veteran's Day in the U.S., I posted an anti-war poem called "No One
Wants To Stare Down The Barrel Of The Gun." You'll find it here:

http://tinyurl.com/2e8cv73

This week on the show: Matt Jorgensen (TJS #217, Monday) and a
Tanglewood sampler with the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra, Nnenna Freelon and
Regina Carter (TJS #218, Thursday).

Next week: Who knows?

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
This week on The Jazz Session:
*********************************

TJS #217: Matt Jorgensen. Matt Jorgensen pays tribute to his
father-in-law, artist Dale Chisman, on his new CD, Tattooed By Passion
(Origin Records, 2010). In this interview, Jorgensen talks about
Chisman’s art and the genesis of this album; how Chisman’s approach to
painting mirrors Jorgensen’s approach to composing; and how Jorgensen
and Thomas Marriott worked together to write several of the tunes on the
album. SHOW AVAILABLE NOW. LISTEN

TJS #218: Tanglewood Sampler. A collection of previously unreleased
short interviews with the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra, Nnenna Freelon and
Regina Carter. All were recorded at the 2009 Tanglewood Jazz Festival in
Lenox, MA. SHOW AVAILABLE STARTING 11/18/10.