[JPL] Now at radio: Chandler Travis Philharmonic Blows!

Stephanie Jo Klein stephijo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:10:38 EST 2010

Greetings, folks!

Stephanie Jo Klein, formerly of ObliqSound, here.  You were all so kind to
the artists I formerly worked with, and I wanted to send a quick hello and
let you know I'm working with the good folks at Boss Sounds, promoting the
Chandler Travis Philharmonic's brand new album "Chandler Travis Philharmonic
Blows!" I'm hoping you'll want a copy for airplay, or will request an
interview with this incredibly entertaining personality and performer, while
he's on tour and releasing his CD nationally.  He's a cult favorite who
started out touring with George Carlin and now at age 62, has released an
album on Sonic Trout that is full of pathos and incredible humor - and views
of his YouTube videos for songs like "Fruit Bat Fun"  just hit 1.5 million
viewers!

"Blows!" reinforces Travis's reputation as a master craftsman of "original
songs that mix mind-bending wordplay with Dixieland jazz, shimmering rock,
and horn-fueled R&B" (The New Yorker), and a bandleader who inspires
performances of virtuosic abandon, achieving the height of
entertainment-even drawing comparison on AllMusic.com to legendary
big-bandleader Spike Jones: "...like Jones, he manages to get some
impressive musicianship out of his bandmates, even as they support his zany
ideas."

The irreverent guitarist-singer-composer has been known to perform barefoot
and in his pajamas, always infusing his live shows with a spontaneity to the
point that the Philadelphia Inquirer observed, "What the Sun Ra Arkestra was
to jazz, this Cape Cod ensemble is to pop, taking the music to places so
foreign it should be carrying a passport."

Check out their raucous party song 'Graciously':
http://www.chandlertravis.com/sounds/Samples/Graciously.mp3

Listen to  Fruit Bat Fun yourself:
http://www.chandlertravis.com/sounds/Samples/Fruit Bat Fun.mp3
<http://www.chandlertravis.com/sounds/Samples/Fruit%20Bat%20Fun.mp3>

Or watch on YouTube to see the live performance of Fruit Bat Fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdlW1YQvd0

They'll be touring this week at these locales:

Thursday, Nov 18 - Rodeo Bar, New York, NY

Friday, Nov 19 -   Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, MA

Saturday, Nov 20 - The Linda - WAMC, Albany, NY

More dates TBA

Please let me know if you'd like to come on down, get serviced digitally or
by mail, or if you're interested in an interview on the air.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Stephanie Jo Klein

for Boss Sounds

stephijo at gmail.com