[JPL] A few list reminders ...

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 22:05:54 EST 2010

Ed,

I will certainly join in with the many others who are so deeply grateful for all the "above and beyond the call of duty" efforts that you exhibit in making the JPL happen.  Your expense of time, talent, patience and resources are much appreciated and so very rare in a world filled with people who seem so totally out for themselves.  THANK YOU AGAIN brother!

I want to respond to your list of guidelines and say that I have occasionally enjoyed the "topics" that have been brought up and have placed my own opinions up there from time to time.  I want to always remember the old phrase "opinions are like noses...everybody has one."  Sometimes I have posted mine on some topic then said to myself,..."who cares about what you think?"  I have to say that quite often I have considered the opinion threads as my least favorite, informative and useful aspects of the JPL.  I find the playlists to be the most valuable as a programmer because when I see what my fellow programmers and presenters think are worthy aritsts/releases/songs to present to the world and the special features and programs they put together give me a pulse on what is truly happening around the world of jazz.  I am kind of getting the idea from your guidelines that this isn't the original idea for JPL and isn't what you'd really like to see the list to be. I guess I'm slightly confused and would love to be set straight by you and other JPL members.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Russ Davis
MOJA & VOA
www.mojaradio.com