[JPL] Dave Brubeck Special from Joyride Media for Dec

Andrew Cahn andy.cahn at publicmediaservice.org
Thu Nov 18 14:30:05 EST 2010

Dear jazz PDs -

The latest Joyride Media radio special - DAVE BRUBECK - LEGACY OF A LEGEND is now done and ready for broadcast.   This free, one-hour program will be great to air around his 90th birthday on Monday 12/6 or anytime over the next few months.

If you did not already get an email from me about this, I might not have included you in the CD mailing, so please let me know if you are interested, and I will see if I can get a CD out to you soon.  You can fill out my online form at http://jazz.radiosho.ws or reply to this email.

Beside the CDs, downloads are available now for PRX users at http://www.prx.org/pieces/55516.  A Content Depot feed is scheduled for Tue 11/23 at 1pm EST as an episode of the "Joyride Media Specials" series.

"Dave Brubeck:  Legacy of a Legend" is hosted by Joshua Jackson (WBGO - New York).  It includes many of his best known recordings, his own comments, plus interviews with his longtime collaborators Russell Gloyd, Eugene Wright and Bobby Militello.

The producer is Joyride Media (Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, The '59 Sound and many other great jazz music specials).

Thanks,

Andy Cahn
Public Media Service
718-674-6677