[JPL] Playlist WCVE-RFM Thursday November 18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Nov 18 21:47:25 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday November 18, 2010

7:01 NPR News

(Eddie Palmieri) Conmigo – Out of Sight - Poncho Sanchez –
Concord/Picante – SACD-1031-6

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can’t Get Started – Dizzy in South
America – Dizzy Gillespie - CAP-933

(Ellington) Are You Stickin’ – From His World to Mine – Dan Block –
Miles High Records – MHR 8612

(Monk) Misterioso – Friday the 13th – The Microscopic Sextet –
Cuneiform Records – Rune 310

(Styne, Kahn) A Beautiful Friendship – Back to the Bridge – Dan Adler
– www.danad;ler.com

(Sam Rivers) Cyclic Episode – Fuschia Swing Song – Sam Rivers – Blue
Note – 7243 5 90413 2 2

(Swan) When Your Lover Has Gone – My Old Flame – Joe Magnarelli - Give
@ Go Records

(Gillespie, Paprelli) A Night in Tunisia – A Night at the Village
Vanguard – Sonny Rollins – Blue Note – 7243 4 99795 2 4

(Rodgers and Hart) Falling in Love with Love – Musical Echoes –
Sathima Bea Benjamin – Ekapa Records – A.A. 002

8:01 NPR News

(Morgan) Johnny’s Blue – Like Someone in Love – Art Blakey – Blue Note
– 7243 8 64470 2 9

(B. Eli, V. Barrett) Love Won’t Let Me Wait – Moment to Moment –
Houston Person – High Note – HCD-7217

(Chic Corea) Folk Song – Three Quartets – Chic Corea – Stretch/Concord
Jazz – SCD-9002-2

(Michael Franks) Sometimes I Forget to Smile – The Art of Michael
Franks – Veronica Nunn – Dead Horse Records – DHT 2739

(Clifford Brown) Larue – Jazz Contrasts – Kenny Dorham – Riverside –
OJCCD-028-2

(Coleman Hawkins) Bean Soup – Hollywood Stampede – Coleman Hawkins –
Capitol Jazz – CDP 7 92596 2

If You Were Mine – Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles – Billie
Holiday – Columbia/Legacy – 88697 13178 2

(Gay Furber, Rose) The Lambeth Walk / (Berlin) I’ve Got My Love to
Keep Me Warm – Django Reinhardt – Volume 2 The London Deccas (1938 &
1939) – JSP Records – CD 342

(Klages, Quicksell) Sorry – Bix Beiderbecke Volume 2: At the Jazz Band
Ball – Bix Beiderbecke – Columbia – CK 46175

(Leroy Carr) How Long / (Basie, Rushing) Blues (I Still Think of Her)
– Blues by Basie/One O’ Clock Jump – Count Basie – Collectables –
COL-CD-6637

9:01 NPR News

(Tom McIntosh) With Malice Towards None – You Must Believe in Spring –
Frank Morgan – Antilles – 314 512 570-2

(Victor Feldman, Miles Davis) Joshua – Miles Davis: The Complete
Concert 1964 My Funny Valentine + Four and More – Columbia/Legacy –
C2K 48821

(Mandel, Webster) The Shadow of Your Smile – Sound Pieces – Oliver
Nelson – Impulse – GRD-103

(Buddy Johnson) Since I Fell for You – Portrait – Hank Crawford –
Milestone – MCD-9192-2

(Comden, Green, Styne) The Party’s Over – Love Makes the Changes –
Ernestine Anderson – High Note – HCD 7118

(Cyrus Chestnut) Little Jon – Journeys – Cyrus Chestnut Trio – Jazz
Legacy Productions – JLP-1001011

(Bill Davis, Don Wolf) Azure-Te – Vivian – J.J. Johnson – Concord Jazz
– CCD-4523

(Kenny Barron) Joanne Julia – Yours and Mine – Stan Getz – Concord
Jazz – CCD-4740

(Aminata Moseka/Abbey Lincoln) Throw It Away - Painted Lady – Golden
Lady – Abbey Lincoln – Inner City – IC-1117