[JPL] 148th Edition of "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 11:00:06 EST 2010

--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"
www.live365.com/stations/nancyann3839

03 Come Dance With Me    2:34    Frank Sinatra    Come Dance With Me!
04 Love Dance    6:35    Claudio Roditi    Beyond Question
05 The Music That Makes Me Dance    6:11    Claire Martin    He Never
Mentioned Love
06 Dancing In The Dark    4:06    Cannonball Adderley    Blue Note Plays
Sinatra
07 Dancing On The Ceiling    3:12    Matt Dennis With Harry Geller And His
Orchestra    She dances overhead
08 The Daily Dance    7:17    Stan Kenton & His Orchestra    At The
Pavillion Hemel Hempstead
09 Last Dance    2:24    John Pizzarelli    Dear Mr. Sinatra

11 Change Partners    4:07    Mishka Adams    Willow Weep For Me
12 Everything Must Change    7:07    Paul Bollenback    Invocation
13 I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan    2:46    Teddi King    Miss Teddi
King
14 You've Changed    8:19    Joe Chambers    Phantom Of The City
15 Why Try To Change Me Now    5:39    Marc Pompe    Nobody Else But Me

17 I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance With You    3:18    Frank Sinatra    No
One Cares
18 I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance    5:18    Lou Colombo    I Remember
Bobby
19 It Isn't So Good It Couldn't Get Better    2:11    Irene Kral    Second
Chance
20 Taking a Chance on Love    2:53    Gerry Mulligan    Gene Norman Presents
The Original Gerry Mulligan Tentet and Quartet featuring Chet Baker
21 Down With Love    3:27    Curtis Stigers    Secret Heart
22 I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter    2:27    Ella
Fitzgerald    At Newport
23 When it's Sleepy time Down South    7:26    Danish Radio Jazz
Orchestra/LeRoy Jones    The Power And Glory
24 In the Evenin' (When the Sun Goes Down)    4:57    Joe Williams    At
Newport '63

26 Body & Soul    2:46    Thelonious Monk    Monk In Paris: Live At The
Olympia [Disc 1]
27 In Walked Bud    3:18    Leslie Lewis & Gerard Hagen Trio    Of Two Minds
28 Ruby My Dear    5:01    Jimmy Cobb Quartet    Cobb's Corner
29 'Round Midnight (Swing)    3:57    Barbara Montgomery    Barbara
Montgomery
30 I Mean You    7:32    Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band    Dizzy's
Business
31 Ask Me Now    7:27    Ed The Red    Sings Love Stories

33  I Concentrate On You    2:40    Sinatra, Frank    Frank Sinatra/Bossa
35 I Love You    8:06    Dan Adler    All Things Familiar
36 Get Out of Town    4:20    Nnenna Freelon    Homefree
37 Night and Day    8:10    Stan Getz    A Life In Jazz: A Musical Biography
38 Always True To You In My Fashion    4:20    Paula West    Temptation

40 Ridin' high    2:10    Peggy Lee    Things Are Swingin'
41 Love For Sale    3:15    Taylor Eigsti    Lucky To Be Me
42 You're The Top    3:40    Patricia Barber    The Cole Porter Mix
43 All Through The Night    5:38    Deanna Witkowski    Wide Open Window
44 What Is This Thing Called Love    3:05    Billie Holiday    Billie
Holiday's Greatest Hits
45 Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye    3:32    Ella Fitzgerald    The Best Of The
Songbooks (Disc 1) [Box Set]
46 Night and Day    7:26    Joe Henderson    Inner Urge

48 Let's Fall In Love    2:13    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Studio Recordings (Disc 1)
49 I'm In The Mood For Love    3:37    Charlie Parker    Charlie Parker With
Strings: The Master Takes
51 I'm In The Mood For Love    3:19    Mark Murphy    Mark Murphy Sings
Mostly Dorot
52 Nancy (With The Laughing Face)    9:23    David Hazeltine    Manhattan
Autumn
53 If You Never Come to Me - Jim Tomlinson    4:33    Jim Tomlinson /Stacey
Kent    A Fine Romance
54 The Rules Of The Road    3:38    Lena Horne    Greatest Hits

56 Sweet And Lovely    5:12    Lew Tabackin    Pyramid
57 Funny (Not Much)    2:59    Nat King Cole    Sentimental Reasons
58 She's Funny That Way    7:56    Bob Brookmeyer [with the Netherlands
Metropole Orchestra]    Out Of This World
59 This Funny World    3:55    Ian Shaw    Taking It To Hart
60 I've Got The World On A String    2:48    Count Basie    Basic Basie

62 One Note Samba    2:23    Frank Sinatra    Francis Albert Sinatra &
Antonio Carlos Jobim
63 Four    5:15    George Benson & Al Jarreau    Givin' It Up
64 Seven Steps To Heaven    4:09    Ray Brown Trio    Seven Steps To Heaven
65 Take Five    3:19    Carmen McRae    Live At Montreux - July 22nd 1982
66 Three Little Words    5:15    Dick Katz    Three Way Play
67 Two Ladies In De Shade    2:39    Chris Connor & Maynard Ferguson
Double Exposure

69 Goody Goody    2:25    Stephanie Nakasian    Thrush Hour: A Study of the
Great Ladies of Jazz
70  They Can't Take That Away From Me    5:40    Diana Krall    Love Scenes
71 MAN I LOVE    6:24    Cedar Walton    Seasoned Wood
72 Too Marvelous For Words    4:47    Audrey Silver    Dream Awhile
73 Baby, Won't You Please Come Home    5:29    Wynton Marsalis    Standard
Time, Volume 5: The Midnight Blues
74 Teach Me Tonight    2:53     Sarah Vaughan & Joe Williams    Count Basie
& Sarah Vaughan
75 Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea    6:49    The Ken Peplowski
Quintet    A Harold Arlen Songbook
76 Oh, Lady Be Good!    3:14    Dianne Reeves    We All Love Ella

78 Spring Is Here    4:48    Frank Sinatra    Only The Lonely
79 Spring Is Here    4:16    Bill Evans    The Last Waltz
80 How Am I To Know?    2:44    Billie Holiday    Billie At Her Best
81 Best Thing For You    4:44    Ahmad Jamal    Priceless Jazz Collection
82 I'll Close My Eyes    4:00    Dinah Washington    The Definitive Dinah
Washington
83 Everything I've Got Belongs To You    3:07    Jane Monheit    Home
84 There Will Never Be Another You    4:40    Modern Jazz Quartet With
Freddie Hubbard    A 40th Anniversary Cetion

86 For All We Know    5:41    Jacob Melchior /Frank Senior    It's About
Time
87 For All We Know    5:29    Duke Pearson    The Lost Sessions
88 I Didn't Know What Time It Was    2:57    Allan Harris    Setting The
Standard
89 How Little It Matters How Little We Know    2:20    Frank Sinatra    The
Complete Reprise Studio Recordings (Disc 6)
90 More Thank You Know    4:36    Ruby Braff     Songhounds
91 I Didn't Know About You    3:42    Hilary Kole    Haunted Heart
92 Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans    4:02    Kate McGarry
Mercy Streets
93 The Summer Knows    6:26    Phil Woods    Jazz For When You're Alone
94 What's New    5:10    Dena Derose    Introducing Dena DeRose
95 Unforgettable    3:19    Ronny Johansson Trio    Elegy