[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 11-19-10

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Fri Nov 19 16:05:59 EST 2010

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 11-19-10

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

The Thelonius Monk Quartet - Bright Mississippi - Monk's Dream (Columbia) 8:35
The Thelonius Monk Quartet - Five Spot Blues - Monk's Dream (Columbia) 3:14

  BREAK

Part 2

Allen Toussaint - Bright Mississippi - The Bright Mississippi (Nonesuch) 5:08
Allen Toussaint - Day Dream - The Bright Mississippi (Nonesuch) 5:27
George Benson - I Want You (She's So Heavy) - The Other Side Of Abbey Road (A&M) 6:20
Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet - Straight Life / Mr. Clean - Infinity (Patois) 7:43
Steve Gadd And Friends - Back At The Chicken Shack - Live At Voce (BFM Jazz) [C] 8:55
Steve Gadd And Friends - Sister Sadie - Live At Voce (BFM Jazz) [C] 8:57

  BREAK

Scenes - Behind the Scenes - Rinnova (Origin) 7:19
Itzhak Perlman & Oscar Peterson - Mack The Knife - Side By Side (Telarc) 3:29

  BREAK

Part 3

Art Blakey Quintet - Now's The Time - A Night At Birdland, Volume 2 (Blue Note) 9:00
Art Blakey Quintet - Confirmation - A Night At Birdland, Volume 2 (Blue Note) 9:56

  BREAK

Dan Block - Morning Glory - Plays The Music Of Duke Ellington: From His World To Mine (Miles High) [C] 6:26
Red Mitchell Trio - She's Funny That Way - Talking (Capri) 8:02
Jon Hendricks - Shiny Stockings - Best Of The Jazz Vocalists (Verve) 4:05
Andy Farber And His Orchestra ftr. Jon Hendricks - Roll'em Pete  - This Could Be The Start Of Something Big (BWR) 3:50
Karrin Allyson - What A Little Moonlight Can Do - I Didn't Know About You (Concord) 2:32
Charlie Parker - I Remember You - Now's The Time (Verve) 3:03
Louis Armstrong And The Dukes Of Dixieland - That's A Plenty - Satchmo And The Dukes Of Dixieland (Leisure) 3:57

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56