[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday November 19

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Nov 19 21:51:41 EST 2010

 Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archoved at ideastations.org/radio.
PLease direct cd'as for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VAZ 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday November 19, 2010

(Montgomery) Blues Riff – Dangerous – Wes Montgomery – Milestone – MCD-9298-2

(Cecil McBee) U phoria – Warriors – The Cookers – Jazz Legacy
Productions – 1001009

(Thelonious Monk) San Francisco Holiday – Thelonious Monk in Italy –
Riverside –
OJCCD-488-2

(Mingus) II B.S. – Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus – Impulse – IMPD-170

(Freddie Hubbard) Outer Forces – Blue Spirits – Freddie Hubbard – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46545 2

(Steve Kessler) Once Was: Is – 3 Trios – Steve Kessler

(Louis Armstrong) Hobo You Can’t Ride This Train / (Piron, Williams)
High Society / (Spencer Williams) Mahogany Haoll Stomp – Laughin ‘
Louie – Louis Armstrong and His Orchestra (1932-1933) – Bluebird –
9759-2 RB

(D. Franklin) I Hope Gabriel Likes My Music – Berry Story – Chu Berry
– Jazz Archives No 21 – EPM Musique 15738.2

8:01 NPR News

(Dave Brubeck) Ode to a Cowboy – Dave Brubeck: Legacy of a Legend –
Columbia/Legacy – 88697 80563 2 ((5:01))

(Traditional) Blues – Jack Sheldon: The Quartet & The Quintet –
Pacific Jazz – CDP 7243 4 93160 2 7

(Gershwin) My Man’s Gone Now – Billie & Dolly – Jacqui Sutton – Toy
Blue Typewriter TBTP 001

(Moacir Santos) Kathy – Musica – Helio Alves – Jazz Legacy Productions
– JLP 1001010

(Adderly) You Got It – The Cannonball Adderly Quintet in San Francisco
– Riverside – OJCCD-035-2

(Ira Gershwin, Yip Harburg, Harold Arlen) Fun to be Fooled – Secrets –
Nancy Harrow – Soul Note – 121233-2

(Henderson, Dixon) Bye Bye Blackbird – Rhapsody in Blue – Bill
O’Connell – Inner City – CR73302

(Ray Noble, Max Kester) Love Locked out – Mike Barone Big Band Live
2005! Redux – Rhubarb Recordings – R/R 108

(Agustin Lara) Granada – The Latin Bit – Grant Green – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 37645 2 5

9:01 NPR News

(Cedar Walton) Back to Bologna – Soweto – Billy Higgins – Red – RR – 123141-2

(Eddie Palmieri, Brian Lynch) Jazzucar – Simpatico – Brian
Lynch/Eddiev Palmieri Project – Artist Share – AS 0057

Roll ‘em Pete / Wee Baby Blues / Corrina Corrina – Big Joe Turner
1938-1941 – JSP Records – 7709A

(Ellington) What Am I Here for – After Hours with Joe Pass - Ray Brown
– Telarc – CD-83302

(Jimmy McHugh, Harold Adamson) Where Are You? – Flying Home: The Best
of the Verve Years – Illinois Jacquet – Verve – 314 521 644-2

(Duke Jordan) Jordu – The Definitive George Shearing – Verve/Blue Note
– 314 589 857-2

(Vincent Rose, Buddy De Sylva, Al Jolson) Avalon – Meet the Jazztet –
Art Farmer/Benny Golson – Chess/MCA Records – CHD-91550

Get Rid of Monday – All Night Long – Shirley Horn Trio – Steeplechase
– SCCD 31157

(Hank Mobley) Soul Station – Soul Station – Hank Mobley – Blue Note –
CDP 7 46528 2