[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Nov 6,2010

Mark Dove jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 20 22:13:16 EST 2010

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Nov 6,2010

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Nov 6,2010

Hour 1

ONE FOR ALL - "Incorrigible" - Incorrigible - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

CYRUS CHESTNUT TRIO - "Smitty's Blues" - Journeys - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

CHRIS BUZZELLI - "Steppin In It" - I Can Pick My Friends - (indep)

RICKY SWEUM - "Piebald City" - Pulling Your Own Strings - (Origin)

DAVE BRUBECK - "Mr Fats" - London Flat London Sharp - (Telarc)

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "Twinkletoes" - To Be There - (Amosaya)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "The Cool One" - Complete Argo/Mercury - (Mosaic)

ROBERT GLASPER - "Maiden Voyage/Everything In Its Right Place" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

Hour 2

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Remember Me When" - Words Cannot Express - (Origin)

DAN HECK - "Blue Stone" - Compositionality - (Origin)

GENE BURKERT - "Straight Ahead" - The Jazz Pallette - (Sea Breeze)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Hip Cake Walk" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "No Cover No Mininum" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Side Pocket" - On the Rebop - (Origin)

BOOKER ERVIN - "Den Tex" - Tex Book Tenor - (Blue Note)

JIMMY BRUNO - "Just Friends" - Solo - (Mel Bay)

Hour 3

DOROTHY DORING - "Giant Steps" - Southern Exposure - (indep)

DEE DEE BRIDEWATER - "Doodlin" - Love and Peace - (Verve)

JEFF BAKER - "My Ideal" - Baker Sings Chet - (Origin)

KRISTIN KORB - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - Why Can't You Behave - (Double K)

PAUL WEST AND MARK BROWN - "Groovin High" - Words and Music - (Origin)

CRIS BARBER - "Devil May Care" - This Moment To Be Free - (37)

ABBEY LINCOLN - "Blue Monk" - Abbey Sings Abbey - (Verve)

JOHN LEEE - "Embraceable You" - Feel My Soul - (indep)

JOEY DEFRANCESCO W/JOE DOGGS - "All Or Nothing At All" - Concord 30th Anniversary - (Concord)

K.D.LANG - "Angel Eyes" - We All Love Ella - Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald - (Verve)

For airplay consideration send CDs to:

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM