[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Either/Orchestra's Russ Gershon

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Mon Nov 22 09:07:55 EST 2010

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at
http://thejazzsession.com/newsletter/101122_tjs_newsletter.pdf

...or read the text below:

(NOVEMBER 22, 2010) -- Last week I started the "100 By 300" membership
campaign. The goal is to reach 100 members by the 300th show. If you'd
like to keep The Jazz Session's interviewing coming, please become a
member today. Thanks!
http://thejazzsession.com/join

My thanks to those people who joined since last week:

* Ann Braithwaite (Vanguard level)
* Terri Hinte (Vanguard level)
* Matt Merewitz (Vanguard level)

During the month of November, I'm taking part in the November Poem-A-Day
challenge and posting a poem each day. This past week I seem to have
fallen into a bit of a rhythm, writing one relationship poem after
another. You'll find them all at http://jasoncrane.org.

Please note there is one show this week, because I'm taking a little
time for the Thanksgiving holiday. This will be my first Thanksgiving as
a vegan and I'm looking forward to the new experience.

I don't usually share pearls of wisdom from my mom, but many people have
enjoyed this quote, said by her to me earlier this week:

"Being your mom is like being on a cruise ship during a tsunami."

I think you now have some idea how I turned out the way I did.

This week on the show: Russ Gershon of The Either/Orchestra (TJS #219,
Monday).

Next week: Who knows?

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
This week on The Jazz Session:
*********************************

TJS #219: Either/Orchestra's Russ Gershon. The Either/Orchestra is
celebrating 25 years of making music with their new CD, Mood Music For
Time Travellers (Accurate Records, 2010). In this interview, founder and
leader Russ Gershon talks about how the band got started; how it has
survived for 25 years; and the music on the new album, which returns to
the “classic” E/O sound after several years working with Ethiopian
musicians. SHOW AVAILABLE NOW. LISTEN

--
Jason Crane
The Jazz Session