[JPL] Playlist Monday November 22, 2010

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Nov 22 21:53:40 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday November 22, 2010

(Shoeter) Limbo – Sorcerer – Miles Davis – Columbia/Lega   cy – CK 52974

(McCoy Tyner) Changes – Infinity – McCoy Tyner – Impulse – IMPD-171

(Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) Moonlight Becomes You – Lazy Bones –
Adrian Duke – Lotos Bean Publishing – 853-OKG

(Mark Weinstein) Pas de Quoi – Three Deuces / Jazz Duets for Flute and
Guitars – Mark Weinstein - LKC Productions – LKC 54

(Elmo Hope) So Nice – Soul Mates – Charlie Rouse and Sahib Shihab –
Uptown – UPCD 27.34

(J.J. Johnson) Blues for Trombones – Origins – J.J. Johnson – Savoy
Jazz – SVY 17127

(Patrick Williams) One More Dream – Aurora – Patrick Williams: The Big
Band – Artist Share – AS0109

(Gene Ammons) Juggernaut – Gene Ammons All Star Sessions with Sonny
Stitt – Prestige – OJCCD-014-2

8:01 NPR News

(Horace Silver) Calcutta Cutie / (Silver) Song for My Father – Song
for My Father – Horace Silver – Blue Note – 7243 4 99002 2 6

(Barry and Robin Gibbs) To Love Somebody – To Be Free: The Nina Simone
Story – RCA/Legacy – 88`697 11009 2

(Vance, Pockriss) I Haven’t Got Anything Better to Do – Salt Song –
Stanley Turrentine – CTI/Legacy – ZK 65126

(Roger Davidson) Blue Samba – Brazilian Love Song – Roger Davidson –
Soundbrush Records – SR 1018

(Peter Van Steeden, Harry Clarkson, Jeffery Clarkson) Home (When
Shadows Fall) – Dream a Little Dream – Gerry Mulligan – Telarc Jazz –
CD-83364

(Jason Jenkins) Hypotenuse – Scenic Roots – Jason Jenkins – www.jenkinsmusik.com

(Ellington) Portrait of Bert Williams/Sepia Panorama – Duke Ellington:
The Blanton-Webster Band – Bluebird – 5659-2-RB

(Moore, Theard) Let the Good Times Roll – The Best of Louis Jordan –
MCA Records – MCAD-

9:01 NPR News

(Johnny Mercer, Harry Warren) Jeepers Creepers – Dave Brubeck Legacy
of a Legend – Columbia/Legacy – 88697 80563 2

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) My Man’s Gone Now / (Gershwin, Gershwin,
Heyward) Summertime – Carmen McRae Sings Great American Songwriters –
Decca Jazz – GRD-631

(Benny Golson) Stablemates – Drums around the World – Philly Joe Jones
Bug Band Sounds – Riverside – OJCCD-1792-2

(Denny Zeitlin) Country Fair – Denny Zeitlin at Maybeck – Concord Jazz
– CCD-4572

(Doug Beavers) Two Shades of Nude – Two Shades of Nude – Doug Beavers
– Origin Records – 82574

(Bill O’Connell) Two Worlds – Rhapsody in Blue – Bill O’Connell –
Challenge Recordings – CR 73302

(Randy Weston) Portrait of Billie Holiday – Earth Birth –
Verve/Gitanes – 314 537 088-2

(Granville Sticks McGhee and J. Mayo Williams) Drinkin’ Wine
Spo-Dee-O-Dee / (Hudson, DeLange, Mills) Moonglow – Hamp: The
Legendary Decca Recordings of Lionel Hampton – Decca Jazz – GRD-2-652

(Warren, Forman, Leslie) Rose of the Rio Grande – The Best of Sidney
Bechet – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 28891 2 0