[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - November 22 & 15 Playlists

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Tue Nov 23 19:46:50 EST 2010

Greetings, all. Here are two most recent playlists. I'm afraid reporting's
been getting away from me, but I've got an early New Year's Resolution just
made! Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers, Jerry

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, November 22, 2010, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Erik Jekabson - “Crescent Boulevard” from Crescent Boulevard on Jekab's
Music
Abbey Lincoln - “Golden Lady” from Golden Lady on Inner City

Bill Heid - “Crumb Cake” from Asian Persuasion on Doodlin'
One Take - “Not That” from Volume 4 on Alma Records
Johnny "Hammond" Smith - “Smokin' Kool” from What's Going On on Prestige

Pat Metheny - “Straight on Red” from Travels on ecm
Chris Hillman - “8 Miles High” from The Other Side on Sovereign Artists
Bob Thiele - “8 Miles High” from Light My Fire on ABC/Impulse

Avishai Cohen - “Mood Indigo” from Triveni on Anzic Records
Arthur Blythe - “Morning Call” from Synergy on In & Out
Heavy Tin - “The Swing Prophet” from Refused on Concinnity Records

Isabel Rose - “On the Street Where You Live” from Swinging From The Hip on
The Jubilee Recording Company
Frank Morgan - “Walkin'” from Reflections on HighNote

Joe Henderson - “Side Car” from So Near, So Far (Musings for Miles) on
Universal Motown Records Group.
Anita O'Day - “You Turned the Tables On Me” from Anita Sings the Most on
Verve Records
Diane Reeves - “How High the Moon” from Good Night & Good Luck on Concord
Jazz

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, November 15, 2010, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Houston Person - “Moment to Moment” from Moment to Moment on HighNote
J.J. Johnson & Kai Winding - “Lover Come Back to Me” from Dave Brubeck and
Jay and Kai at Newport on Columbia
Frank Wess - “I Hear Ya Talkin'” from Opus de Blues on Savoy Jazz

Horace Scope - “Blowin' the Blues Away” from Live at Stanford Jazz Workshop on
Persuance
Lee Morgan - “Speedball” from Memorial Album on Blue Note
Conrad Herwig - “The Sorcerer” from The Latin Side of Herbie Hancock on Half
Note

Jovino Santos Neto - “February 1” from See the Sound on Adventure Music
Milton Nascimento - “Portal da Cor” from Encontros E Despedidas on Polygram
International
Arthur Lipnez & Nancy Assis - “Affirmation” from Brazilian Vibes on
Malletworks

Jay MacShann - “How Long Blues” from Kansas City on My Mind on Black and
Blue
Marco Mendoza - “Suzy Q” from Casa Mendoza on Mascot
Isabel Rose - “I Only Want to Be With You” from Swingin' from the Hip on
Jubilee

Oscar Peterson - “Secret Love” from The Trio on Pablo
Larry Willis - “Today's Nights” from The Big Push on HighNote
Three as One - “Three as One” from Decisions on Summit

Rachel Z - “River” from Moon at the Window on Tone Center
Joni Mitchell - “Be Cool” from Wild Things Run Fast on Geffen
Herbie Hancock - “Amelia” from River: the Joni Letters on Verve
--
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing
jerry at rocketwords.com