[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday November 23

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Nov 23 21:54:07 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archoved at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks,

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday November 21, 2010

(McHugh, Ellington) Cotton Club Stomp – From His World to Mine – Dan
Block Plays the Music of Duke Ellington – Miles High Records – MHR
8612

(George and Ira Gershwin) The Man I Love – This Could be the Start of
Something Big – Andy Farber and His Orchestra – Black Warrior Records
– BW 1005

(Jerome Kern, O. Harbach) Yesterdays – Piano Starts Here – Art Tatum –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 64690

(Lee Morgan) Exotique – Tom Cat – Lee Morgan – Blue Note – CDP 7 84446 2

(Luiz Bonfa, Dick Manning) An Empty Glass – Love Locked out – Patti
Wicks – Maxjazz – MXJ 501

(Manasia) C Song – Witchery – Jeremy Manasia – Cellar Live – CL 050307

(George and Ira Gershwin) They Can’t Take That Away from Me – Jazz
Celebration: A Tribute to Carl Jefferson – Suzannah McCorkle - Concord
Jazz – CCD-7005

(Irving Berlin) Blue Skies  - Jazz Celebration: A Tribute to Carl
Jefferson - Laurindo Almeida - Concord Jazz – CCD-7005

(Fields, McHugh) On the Sunny Side of the Street - Jazz Celebration: A
Tribute to Carl Jefferson – Rob McConnell - Concord Jazz – CCD-7005

8:01 NPR News

(Jarrett) Lisbon Stomp – Foundations: The Keith Jarrett Anthology –
Rhino/Atlantic – R2 71593

(DeLange, Van Heusen, Bregman, Vocco) Darn That Dream – The Jazztet at
Birdhouse – Art Farmer - Argo / Verve – 314 589 762-2

(Monk) Worry Later – Friday The Thirteenth: The Micros Play Monk – The
Microscopic Septet – Cuneiform Records – Rune – 310

(Oscar Peterson) The Smudge – Back to the Bridge – Dan Adler with Joey
Defrancesco – www.danadler.com

(Ron Carter) Loose Change - The State of the Tenor – Joe Henderson –
Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 28879 2 8

(Vic Young, Ned Washington) My Foolish Heart – Love Is What Stays –
Mark Murphy – Verve – B0008906-02

(Peter Leitch) Allyson – Autobiography – Peter Leitch – Reservoir – RSR CD 179

(Don Pullen) Tracey’s Blues – Healing Force – Don Pullen – Black Saint
Records – 120010-02

9:01 NPR News

(Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) My Shining Hour – Decisive Steps – Tia
Fuller – Mack Avenue Records – MAC 1043

(Robin, Chase, Whiting) My Ideal – Quiet Kenny – Kenny Dorham –
Prestige – OJCCD-250-2

(J.M. Robinson) You Gave Me Everything But Love – In a Grand Style –
Charles Brown – Bullseye Blues & Jazz – 11661-9551-2

(Cole Porter) Night and Day – Swing 220 – Don Stiernberg – Blue Night
Records – BNR 220

(Gus Kahn, Branislaw Kaper, Walter Jurman) All God’s Children Got
Rhythm – Stephane Grappelli Live at the Blue Note – Telarc Jazz –
CD-83397

(Sammy Cahn, Saul Chaplin) Please Be Kind – Ella: The Legendary Decca
Recordings – Ella Fitzsgerald - Decca Jazz – GRD-4-648

(Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby, Ted Snyder) Who’s Sorry Now – Wild Bill
Davison: The Commodore Master Takes – Commodore – CMD-405

(Burke, Hampton, Mercer) Midnight Sun – Road Show – Stan Kenton and
His Orchestra Featuring June Christy – Capitol – CDP 7 96328 2

(Ujo Noguchi) Red Shoes – My Dear Family – Mal Waldron – Evidence/Alfa
Jazz – ECD 22155-2