[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 11-24-10 To all JPLers... Happy A Wonderful and Safe Thanksgiving!

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Wed Nov 24 16:06:57 EST 2010

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 11-24-10

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Eldridge / Gillespie / Terry - Lullaby Of The Leaves - The Trumpet Kings At Montreux (Pablo) 11:15
The Quintet - All The Things You Are - Jazz At Massey Hall (Debut) 7:55

  BREAK

Part 2

Stan Getz / Chet Baker - I'll Remember April - Stan Meets Chet (Verve) 12:20
Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Cold Duck Time - Swiss Movement (Rhino) 7:08
Steve Gadd And Friends - Sister Sadie - Live At Voce (BFM Jazz) [C] 8:57
Stanley Turrentine - Impressions - Sugar (CTi/Sony Masterworks) [C] 14:14
Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul MOtian - Misterioso - Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul MOtian (Nonesuch) 6:36
Wil Swindler's Elevenet - A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing - Universe B (OA2) [C] 7:33
Duke Ellington And His Orchestra - Single Petal Of A Rose - The Great London Concerts (Heritage Jazz) 4:05

  BREAK

Part 3

Dan Block - Ballad Medley (All Heart / Change My Ways) - Plays The Music Of Duke Ellington: From His World To Mine (Miles High) [C] 4:28
Dan Block - Suburbanite - Plays The Music Of Duke Ellington: From His World To Mine (Miles High) [C] 3:23
Curtis Woodbury - Laura's Dream - Curtis woodbury (Jazz Hang) [C][a] 10:16
Don Byron - Check Up - A Fine Line (Blue Note) 4:51
Arthur Lipner & Nanny Assis - Four Brothers - Brasilian Vibes (MalletWorks Media) [c] 6:37
Charlie Byrd - So Danco Samba - My Inspiration: Music Of Brazil (Concord Picante) 4:15
Charlie Byrd - Someone To Light Up My Life - My Inspiration: Music Of Brazil (Concord Picante) 4:59
Eric Alexander & Vincent Herring - Road Song - The Battle: Live At Smoke (HighNote) 10:45
Mel Torme - Autumn In New York - The Great American Songbook: Live At Michael's Pub (Telarc) 4:18

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56