[JPL] Playlist: Jazz around the world, 2MBS Sydney, Australia

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 00:38:34 EST 2010

Dear JPL friends,

these are my latest playlists as Jazz programmer for 2MBS 102.5 FM in Sydney, Australia. Sorry for the irregular postings, I've been traveling a lot.

September 9, 2010

Earl Hines/These foolish things/Columbia Jazz Piano/Columbia
Kurt Elling/Say it/Flirting with twilight/Blue Note
Zim Ngqawana/Tafelberg/Vadzimu/Sheer Sound
J.J Johnson/Get Happy/J.J Johnson All Stars/Blue Note
Charmaine Clamor/Doodlin in taglish/Something Good/Free Ham
Tomas Janzon/Moaning/Experiences/Changes Music
Gabriel Alegria/Puerto Pimentel/Pucusana/Saponegro
Julian Yeo/ So nice/Hommage/Yeomo
Janos Korossy/Bye bye Blackbird/Early Modern Hungarian Jazz/Pamon
Michel Petrucciani/Home/Solo Live/Dreyfus
Stefano Bollani/Brigas nunca mais/Stone in the water/ECM

September 23, 2010

Lester Young/Something to remember you by/Aladdin Sessions/Aladdin
Dolores Scozzesi/My one and only love/A special taste/Rhombus
Yoichi Murata/Bustle and silence/Compositions/EWE
Chris Colangelo/Straight street/Elaine's song/C Note
Conrad Herwig/Cantaloupe Island/The Latin Side of H.Hancock/Half Note
Michael Dease/26-2/Grace/Legacy
A.C Jobim/Agua de Beber/Best of/Warner
Peter Soleimanipour/Safaye Baten/Ego-system/Hermes
Steve Swallow/In a sentimental mood/Grey/Quinton
Stephen Small/ACB/Slow drag/174 East

October 14, 2010

Nat Cole/For sentimental reasons/King Cole Trio/Capitol
Andre Fernandes/Babita/O Osso/Tone of a pitch
Chick Corea & Gary Burton/What game shall we play tonight/Crystal Silence/ECM
Bheki Mseleku/Home at last/The best of/Sheer sound
J.S Monsalve/Lo se, las 7 y sale el sol/Jazz Colombia/MTM
Bill Frisell/Lonesome/Look out for love/ECM
Jose James & Jef Neve/For all we know/For all we know/Impulse
Andrea Keller/Days of wine & roses/Carried by the sun/Jazzhead
Kenny Garrett/Tsunami song/ Beyond the wall/Nonesuch
Bob Mamet/Until Morning/Impromptu/Counterpoint

October 28, 2010

T.Jones & M.Lewis/A child is born/Consummation/Blue Note
Nico Sanchez/Cha cha cha/De Visitante/Nico Sanchez
James Sherlock/Bewtiched, bothered & bewildered/Jazzhead 2005/Jazzhead
Wycliffe Gordon/Mood Indigo/Standards Only/Nagel Heyer
Gretchen Parlato/I cant help it/In a dream/Obliqsound
Dave Peck/They say It's wonderful/Modern Romance/Let's play stella
Sylvia Bennett/What a difference a day makes/Smile/Out of sight
Oliver Lake/In this/Plan/Passin thru
Andy Hamilton/Port Antonio/Jamaica by night/World Circuit

November 11, 2010

Dexter Gordon/Where are you/Go/ Blue Note
Edward Simon/How deep is the ocean/Danny Boy/Keogh-Simon
Grover Washington/Flamingo/All my tomorrows/Columbia
Michael Franks/Samba do Soho/Rendezvous in Rio/Koch
Bheki Mseleku/Mbizo/The Best of/Sheer sound
Naomi & Goro/3 de marco/Passagem/RZCM
Cassandra Wilson/Beneath a silver moon/Silver Pony/Blue Note
Richard Galliano/In bicicletta/L'hymne a l'amour/CAM
Norma Winstone/Tea for two/Somewhere called home/ECM

November 25, 2010

Lester Young/In a little spanish town/Lester Live/Mercury
Kevin Mahogany/Goodbye Porkpie hat/Another time another place/Warner
Mulatu Astatke/Girl from Addis Ababa/NY-Addis Ababa-London/Strut
Hector Infanzon/Invitation/Nos toca/Opcion
Wanderlust/Samba Nova/Winter in Rome/Rufus
Blossom Dearie/I wont dance/Jazz Masters 51/Verve
Phil Hawkins/7 steps to heaven/Sugarcane suite/P Note
Min Kyung In/Long day/Sky High/Universal
Magnify/Ventelid/Magnify/Tiger
Kenny Werner/Coda/No beginning no end/Half Note

Jazz
 around the world" is presented by 2MBS 102.5 FM every other thursday at
 19:00 Sydney time. The program features straight-ahead, acoustic Jazz
produced everywhere around the world, both classic and new.

2MBS is one of the oldest community radio stations in Australia. It has a 50 Kw transmitter that covers a large area of New South Wales. It also streams over the internet at http://www.2mbs.com

If
 you are a musician, band manager or label representative and would like
 to send us your music for airplay consideration, please send it to:

Juan Carlos Valencia
1/23 Reserve Street
Annandale. NSW. 2038
Australia