[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 11-28-10

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:15:50 EST 2010

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 4-6 pm
11-28-10

1) California Concert-Leaving West (California Concert)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Gigi Gryce [birthday]
2) Gigi Gryce-The Kerry Dance (Nica's Tempo)
3) Gigi Gryce-Minority (Gigi Gryce and the Jazz Lab Quintet)
4) Thelonious Monk w/Gigi Gryce, et al-Blues for Tomorrow (The Complete 1957 Recordings)

5) Roberta Gambarini-On the Sunny Side of the Street (Easy To Love)
6) Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Sonny Stitt-On the Sunny Side of the Street (Sonny Side Up)
7) Nasar Abadey-The Covenant (Diamond in the Rough)
8) Rebecca Martin-For All We Know (When I Was Long Ago)
9) Patrick Williams-Aurora (Aurora)

10) Samuel Torres-Cosita Rica (Yaounde)
11) Bill O'Connell-Monk's Cha Cha (Rhapsody in Blue)
12) Afrocubism-Mali Cuba (Afrocubism)

13) Irene Kral-Never Let Me Go (Second Chance)
14) Mike Formanek-Inside the Box (The Rub and Spare Change)
15) Rez Abbasi-Lament (Natural Selection)
16) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com