[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday November 29

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Nov 29 21:51:18 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

CVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday November 28, 2010

(Lee Morgan) Me ‘n’ You – No Room for Squares – Hank Mobley – Blue
Note – CDP 7 84149 2

(Duke Ellington) Blue Rose – Around the Corner – Grant Stewart – Sharp
Nine – CD 1046-2

(Hanley, Macdonald, Severson) Back Home Again in Indiana – Swing 220 –
Don Stiernberg – Blue Night Records – BNR 220

(Cole Porter) I Love You – Two Originals – Oscar Peterson – Verve –
314 533 549-2

(Ellington) I Didn’t Know aboput You – The Pepper Knepper Quintet with
Pepper Adams and Jimmy Knepper – Fresh Sound Records – FSR-CD 344

(Gershwin) Love Walked in – Interchanges 54 – Dave Brubeck –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 47032

(Joe Puma) Bossango – Howard Alden and Ken Pelowski’s Pow-Wow – Arbors
Jazz – ARCD 19340

(Bill O’Connell) J-Man – Rhapsody in Blue – Bill O’Connell – Challenge
Records – CR 73302

8:01 NPR News

(Tizol, Ellington, Mills) Caravan – Another Look – Ryan Cohan – Motema
Records – MTM-45

(Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) Moment to Moment – Out of the Hub –
Suzanna Pittson – Vineland Records – VLCD-7757

(Avishai Cohen) One Man’s Idea – Triveni – Avishai Cohen – Anzic Records - 5103

(Thelonious Monk) Evidence – Friday the Thirteenth – The Microscopic
Septet Plays Thelonious Monk – Cuneiform Records – Rune – 310

(Will Swindler) She’s Too Conflicted – Universe B – Will Swindler’s
Elevenet – OA2 22075

(Milt Jackson) Bags and Trane – Bags and Trane – Milt Jackson and John
Coltrane – Atlantic Jazz – 1368-2

(Jerry Herman) So Long Dearie – Hello Dolly – Pearl Bailey in Hello
Dolly! Broadway Cast Recording  - RCA Victor – 1127-4-RG

(George and Ira Gershwin) Funny Face – Funny Face – Fred Astaire –
Verve – 314 531 231-2

(Walter Jurman, Gus Kahn) All God’s Chillun Got Rhythm – Hollywood
Swing & Jazz – Rhino – R2 79805

9:01 NPR News

(Les McCann) Burnin’ Coal – 20 Special Fingers: Les McCann/The
Mitchell-Ruff Trio – 32Jazz – 32125

(Eliades Ochoa) Eliades Tumbao 27 / (Benny More) The Snake –
Afrocubism – World Circuit/Nonersuch – 525993-2

(Ernesto Lecuona) La Conga Se Va  -Ancestral Reflections – Frank
Emilio – Blue Note – 7243 4 96918 2 1

(Young, Siras) I’m Alone Because I Love You – Lucky Devil – Meschiya
Lake and the Little Big Horns

(Clark Terry) Digits – Serenade to a Bus Seat – Clark Terry –
Riverside – OJCCD-066-2

(Ellington) Zweet Zurzday – Three Suites – Duke Ellington – Columbia – CK 46825

(Art Pepper) Lost Life – A Night in Tunisia – Art Pepper – Storyville
– STCD 4146

(Irving Berlin) Cheek to Cheek - Lazy Bones – Adrian Duke – Lotos Bean -

(Gene Krupa, Roy Eldridge) Drum Boogie – Groovin’ with Golson – Benny
Golson – Prestige/New Jazz – OJCCD-226-2

(Harry Nemo) Don’t Take Your Love from Me – Moment to Moment – Houston
Person – High Note – HCD-7217