[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday November 30

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Nov 30 21:49:57 EST 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday November 30, 2010

7:01 NPR% News

(Cole Porter) I Love You - Swing Swang Swingin – Jackie McLean – Blue
Note – CDP 7243 8 56582 2 8

(Brainin, Bernier) The Night Has a Thousand Eyes – Second Chance –
Irene Kral – Jazzed Media – JM 1049

(Charlie Parker) Yardbird Suite – The Modern Jazz Quartet at Music
Inn: Special Guest Sonny Rollins – Atlantic Jazz – 1299-2

William Howard Taft / Mini Van – The Two Man Gentlemen Band on WCVE-FM
(Recording from Broadcast) – www.thetwogentlemen.com

(Robin, Rainger) Love in Bloom – Bob Wilber Is Here – Arbors Records –
ARCD  19402

(Jimmy Giuffre) Blue Birdland – The Essential Maynard Ferguson –
Columbia/Legacy – 88697 05164 2

(Jimmy Heath) For Minors Only – The Thumper – Jimmy Heath – Riverside
– OJCCD-1828-2

(Kenny Wheeler) Nicolette – Angel Song – Kenny Wheeler – BMG Classics
– ECM 1607 78118-21607-2

(Bill Evans) Waltz for Debby – If You Love Me – Richard Galliano and
Gary Burton – Camjazz – CAM 5022

(Louis Hayes) Lou’s Idea – Lou’s Idea – Louis Hayes Jazz Communicators
– American Showplace Music

8:01 NPR News

(Rodgers and Hart) With a Song in My Heart / (Isham Jones, Gus Kahn)
I’ll See You in My Dreams / (Yip Harburg, Vernon Duke) April in Paris
– Doris Say-A Day at the Movies – Columbia – CK 44371

(Jeff Hamilton) Samba De Martelo – Symbiosis – The Jeff Hamilton Trio
– Capri Records – 74097-2

(Shorter) Yes or No – Juju – Wayne Shorter – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 37644 2 6

(Dizzy Gillespie) Con Alma – Toshiko Akiyoshi at Maybeck – Concord
Jazz – CCD-4635

(Elliot and Brad Mason) Boots – Two Sides One Story – Mason Brothers –
Archival Records – 1583

(Michel LeGrand, Marilyn and Alan Bergman) How Do You Keep the Music
Playing – You Are There – Hilary Kole – Justin Time – JTR-8561-2

(Gigi Gryce) Stan’s Blues – Soul Eyes – Stan Getz – Concord Jazz – CCD-4783-2

9:01 NPR News

(Ellington/Miley) Black and Tan Fantasy / (Monaco) Pigeon Walk /
(Davis, Conrad, Robinson) Margie – Rhythm Is Our Business – Jimmie
Lunceford – Living Era – CD AJA 5091

(Ellington) I Ain’t Got Nothing But the Blues – Lucky Devil – Meschiya
Lake and the Little Bug Horns

(Harris, Barlow) These Are the Things I Love – Messages – Hank Mobley
– Prestige – PCD-24063-2

(Wilder) I’ll Be around – Moonlight in Vermont – Johnny Smith –
Roulette – CDP 7977472

(Dom Salvador) Gafeira – Musica – Helio Alves – Jazz Legacy
Productions – JLP – 1001010

(Kahal, Richman) Moonlight Savings Time – Return to Jazz Standards –
Lisa Maxwell – Jazz, Lovers

(Carmichael, Gorrell) Georgia on My Mind – Steve Gadd and Friends Live
at Voce – BFM Jazz – 302 062 403-2

(Bassman, Washington) I’m Getting Sentimental over You – The Giants –
Oscar Peterson, Joe Pass, Ray Brown – Pablo – OJCCD-858-2

(Brubeck) Strange Meadowlark – Time out – Fave Brubeck Quartet –
Columbia/Legacy – 88697 53434 2