[JPL] Some Very Good Product

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 18:17:15 EDT 2010

Jeez.

----- Original Message ----
From: eric jackson <eric-jackson at comcast.net>
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Sent: Mon, September 6, 2010 6:03:20 PM
Subject: Re: [JPL] Some Very Good Product

This week's sponsor:  Detroit Jazz Festival's JazzPlanet tv.

Visit detroitjazzfest.com/jazzplanet for a sneak preview of what to expect Labor
Day weekend.

**** SEE MORE DETAILS AT END OF THIS MESSAGE. ****

---
On 09/06/2010 05:42 PM, Jae Sinnett wrote:

Hey Jae,

Your subject line reminded me of something. Stan Getz spoke at the first
of the Jazz conventions that I went to. I have never forgotten something
that he said. "I don't make product, I make music."

> Haven't dropped in a while with this but here are some of what I think are
> fantastic CD's out of the kzillion we receive. Just a few and my opinion of
> course. I'd also like to know what folks think of the new Esperanza Spalding
> recording. Also, did anyone check out "Donna Lee" on the new Marsalis family
> project? Jason Marsalis' whistling is amazing. Truly.

I really like Wild Is The Wind on the new Esperanza.

> Hiroe Sekine - "A-Me"
> Bruce Williamson Quartet - "Standard Transmission"

I've been playing this recently.

> Dan Gailey Jazz Orchestra - "What Did You Dream?"
> Amina Figarova - "Sketches"

I've been playing this because she played the Marblehead Jazz Series and
the Newport Jazz Fest.

> Tim Rizzo - "Imaginary Numbers"
> Tamir Hendelman - "Destinations"

I think he always sounds good!

> The Britton Brothers Band - "Uncertain Living"
> Ralph Towner/Paolo Fresu - "chiaroscuro"
> Chucho Valdes&  The Afro-Cuban Messengers

Great CD

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston
Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid