[JPL] Hadley Caliman passing

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 20:53:29 EDT 2010

We at WWSP are very saddened by the news of Hadley's passing. It was not
unexpected given his recent increase in health issues.

I was lucky enough to meet, hang with and see Hadley play just a few years
ago when he was here at Stevens Point for WWSP's Jazzfest Weekend. He was
part of the band that guitarist Nicholas Hoffman had put together and the
show was exceptional!.

Hadley and Nicholas did a live interview with me the night before the show
and Hadley's stories thathe could share on air were tremendous.

I feel lucky to have made his acquantince and will cherish those moments
when listening to his music.

Russ

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director