[JPL] Jimi Hendrix and his jazz descendants ...

Ken Irwin - WMUA Jazz Music Dir. ken-irwin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 21:34:25 EDT 2010

Ooops, as soon as I wrote it, I noticed that someone had already mentioned the WSQ.

I would think about including James Blood Ulmer.  Although more of a cotemporary of Hendrix, much of Blood's electric guitar work certainly shares the spirit that Hendrix tapped into.  I believe that he may have covered some of his material as well.

On vacation in mind and body,

Ken

Ken Irwin
Jazz Music Director and Host of "Java Jazz"
WMUA - FM
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
105 Lincoln Campus Center
Amherst, MA 01003