[JPL] Jimi Hendrix and his jazz descendants

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:59:11 EDT 2010

Wow, thanks for sharing that story Jan!  My first introduction was a
little less dramatic, I took Are You Experienced out of the public
library because I liked the cover - this must have been in 1967 since
I see that was the North American release date, I could have sworn it
was '66 though - dropped the needle on the record and Purple Haze made
me an instant convert.  When he finally came to Maple Leaf Gardens in
Toronto in May '69, I bought a ticket the day they went on sale; he
got busted at the airport but still managed to play the show.

I'll look for that compilation, found an interesting compilation with
a version of Purple Haze that I hadn't heard before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythms_del_Mundo_Classics

Arturo, do you know this one? ... N

BTW, that album from Monterey Pop with Hendrix on one side and Otis
Redding on the other was an unusual but potent pairing, I think I wore
out both sides of my first copy ... N

--
====
Nou Dadoun