[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise April 3, 2011

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:50:23 EDT 2011

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
April 3, 2011

1) Terell Stafford-Raincheck (This Side of Strayhorn)
2) Jim Hall-You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Concierto)
3) Rene Marie-Just My Imagination (Voice of My Beautiful Country)

Birthday salute: Bill Potts
4) Bill Potts-My Man's Gone Now (The Jazz Soul of Porgy & Bess)
5) Buddy Rich-Big Swing Face (Big Swing Face)

6) Kenny Werner-Balloons (Balloons)
7) Marcus Miller-So What (A Night In Monte Carlo)
8) Eldar Djangirov-I Should Care (Three Stories)
9) Abdullah Ibrahim-The Wedding (Sotho Blue)
10) Jane Ira Bloom-Her Exacting Light (Wingwalker)
11) Vince Guaraldi-Cast Your Fate To The Wind (Greatest Hits)
12) Tirtha-Duality (Tirtha)
13) Ambrose Akinmusire-Jaya (When The Heart Emerges Glistening)
14) Cuong Vu-Child Like (Leaps of Faith)
15) Honey Ear Trio-Over The Rainbow (Steampunk Serenade)
16) Michiel Borstlap-Crazy Love (Piano)
17) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com