[JPL] Ty Bailey's 04.03.11 "JUST JAZZ" Play List @ WVST - FM Virginia State University Radio & New "SNAPSHOT" Jazz Recording Reviews

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 21:52:13 EDT 2011

Ty Bailey

Producer/Announcer

"JUST JAZZ"

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews Available @
<http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

"Just Jazz" is a weekly JAZZ program aired on Public Radio WVST (91.3 FM) on

Sunday night from 8 -10 PM. It showcases the best in JAZZ. Current releases,

reissues and selections from past great recordings are the weekly focus.

Recording information that is both enlightening and educational is provided
for

the listener. "Just Jazz" is streamed 24 hours daily at www.tybailey.com
with a

new show available weekly.

Most Recent Show and Play List is for 04.03.11

ARTIST_____TUNE_______ALBUM

First Segment

Bobby Sanabria_Picadillo_Tito Puente Masterworks Live!!

Ernestine Anderson_ Never Make Your Move To Soon_ Nightlife Live @ Dizzy's
Club Coca Cola

Gene Ludwig_ Everything I Love _Love Notes of Cole Porter

Second Segment

Wallace Roney_ If Only For One Night_ If Only For One Night

Charlie Haden Quartet West_ My Love And I_ Sophisticated Ladies

Monika Herzig_Heavy Burden_Come With Me

Third Segment

The Uptown Collective_Latin_ She Do What She Do

Shawn Bell_ Things Yet Unknown_Things Yet Unknown

Fourth Segment

Russell Malone_Butch and Butch_Triple Play

Bob Sheppard_Close Your Eyes_Close Your Eyes

Jane Stuart_ Eleanor Rigby_ Don't Look Back

Fifth Segment

Joe Lavano Us Five_Passport _Bird Songs

Jane Ira Bloom_Live Sports_Wingwalker

Sixth Segment

Kurt Elling_Samurai Cowboy_The Gate

Ferit Odman_To Wisdom The Prize _Nommo

"SNAPSHOT" Jazz Recording Reviews

Posted April 2011

@

 <http://www.tybailey.com> www.tybailey.com

*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Jane%20Ira%20Bloom> Jane Ira Bloom -
<http://www.amazon.com/Wingwalker-Jane-Ira-Bloom/dp/B004H2QIBW/ref=pd_nr_m_8
7?ie=UTF8&s=music> Wingwalker - Outline
<http://www.thejazzmann.com/reviews/review/jane-ira-bloom-wingwalker/>
Records OTL140
*	 <http://www.amazon.com/Marcus-Miller/e/B000APXTVW/ref=pd_nr_m_21>
Marcus Miller -
<http://www.amazon.com/Night-Monte-Carlo-Marcus-Miller/dp/B004DURSBC/ref=pd_
nr_m_21?ie=UTF8&s=music> A Night in Monte Carlo - Dreyfuss Jazz/Concord Jazz
CJA-32660-02
*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Jaimee%20Paul> Jaimee Paul -
<http://www.amazon.com/Melancholy-Baby-Jaimee-Paul/dp/B004GFGUE0/ref=pd_nr_m
_22?ie=UTF8&s=music> Melancholy Baby - GHD 5709 Green Hill Music Group
*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Jeremy%20Pelt> Jeremy Pelt -
<http://www.amazon.com/Talented-Mr-Pelt-Jeremy/dp/B004DK4AO0/ref=pd_nr_m_26?
ie=UTF8&s=music> Talented Mr. Pelt - High Note HCD 7216
*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Ernestine%20Anderson> Ernestine Anderson
<http://www.amazon.com/Nightlife-Ernestine-Anderson/dp/B004D5BNC2/ref=pd_nr_
m_37?ie=UTF8&s=music> Nightlife - High Note HCD 7213
*
<http://www.amazon.com/Herb-Alpert-Lani-Hall/e/B002KVK4JO/ref=pd_nr_m_1>
Herb Alpert & Lani Hall  -
<http://www.amazon.com/I-Feel-You-Herb-Alpert/dp/B004H0B00S/ref=pd_nr_m_1?ie
=UTF8&s=music> I Feel You - Concord Jazz CJA-32757-02
*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Kurt%20Elling> Kurt Elling -
<http://www.amazon.com/Gate-Kurt-Elling/dp/B004EVNWVA/ref=pd_nr_m_6?ie=UTF8&
s=music> The Gate - Concord Jazz CJA-31230-02
*	Various Artists - Everybody Wants to Be a Cat: Disney Jazz, Vol 1.
*
<http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-art
ist=Beegie%20Adair> Beegie Adair -
<http://www.amazon.com/Love-Being-Here-You-Tribute/dp/B004GFGUC2/ref=pd_nr_m
_18?ie=UTF8&s=music> I Love Being Here With You: A Jazz Piano Tribute to
Peggy Lee - GHD5764 Green Hill Music Group
*	Bob Sheppard - Close Your Eyes - BFM JAZZ 302-062-404-2
*	Wayne Wallace- Latin Jazz Quintet - To Hear From There -
<http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/entity.php?id=9625> Patois Records
*	The Uptown Collective - She Do What She Do - ARC 2260