[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 04-04-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Mon Apr 4 16:06:26 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 04-05-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Sonny Rollins - Blue 7 - Saxophone Colossus (Prestige) 11:12
Cedar Walton - St. Thomas - Naima (32 Jazz) 10:14

  BREAK

Part 2

Byron Morris & Unity - Lonely Woman - Unity, A Retrospective (By-More Music) [C] 10:45
Byron Morris & Unity - Sunshower - Unity, A Retrospective (By-More Music) [C] 5:04
Keith Jarrett / Charlie Haden - For All We Know - Jasmine (ECM) [C] 9:45
The Afro-Semitic Experience - When I Reach There / Reprise: The Road That Heals The Splintered Soul - The Road That Heals The Splintered Soul (Reckless DC Music) 10:33
Monty Alexander - Django - Uplift (JLP) [C] 7:37
One For All - For Cedar - Invades Vancouver (Cellar Live) [C] 9:24

  BREAK

Connie Evingson w/ Dave Frishberg - Peel Me A Grape - Little Did I Dream (Minnehaha Music) 4:15

  BREAK

Part 3

Esperanza Spalding - Apple Blossom - Chamber Music Society (Heads Up) [C] 6:02
Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet - Subterranean Homesick Blues - Cien Noches (Nardis) 5:47
Kenny Werner - Class Dismissed - Balloons (Half Note) [C] 11:45
Wayne Goins - Choppin' Wood - Chronicles Of Carmela... (Little Apple) [C][a] 5:38
Ellington / Basie - Battle Royal - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (Columbia) 5:32
Ellington / Basie - Segue In C - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (Columbia) 8:26
Jerry Bergonzi - I've Got A Crush On You - Convergence (Savant) [C][a] 5:11
Bones & Tones - Configuration - Bones & Tones (Freedom Art) [C][a] 4:53

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56