[JPL] NARAS Slashes Grammy Categories From 109 to 78 / Jazz Loses 2 Awards - Best Latin & Best Contemporary Jazz Albums

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:46:46 EDT 2011

Although the winners in those categories this year were Stanley Clarke and
Chucho Valdes respectively; certainly the nominees (e.g Joey DeFrancesco,
John McLaughlin, Trombone Shorty) wouldn't be called smooth jazz; bad news
all round, less recognition for outstanding jazz artists.  .. N

--
====
Nou Dadoun