[JPL] NARAS Slashes Grammy Categories From 109 to 78 / Jazz Loses 2 Awards - Best Latin & Best Contemporary Jazz Albums

Forrest Faubion forrestfaubion at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:02:56 EDT 2011

GRAMMY changes for the 54th Annual
Awards<http://www.grammy.org/recording-academy/announcement/category-list>
Really a very disturbing development.
The loss of the Best Latin Jazz Album is inexplicable
Blues lost one of two categories.
Three very important Roots categories
Best Hawaiian Music Album
Best Native American Music Album
Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album
were also eliminated.  Zydeco or Cajun just were recognized with a category
in the last couple of years.
World Music lost one of two previous categories
Classical was also hard hit.
Very disappointing to the Independent Music community.

Forrest Faubion
Allegro