[JPL] NARAS Slashes Grammy Categories From 109 to 78 / Jazz Loses2 Awards - Best Latin & Best Contemporary Jazz Albums

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Wed Apr 6 21:47:48 EDT 2011

I agree, Forrest.  I was stunned to see how much "roots" music was gutted...
jazz, blues, folk, Native American music, etc.  Just another blow for
anything that isn't tragically over-produced pop.  I love me some Cee Lo, but
that popular album is an anomaly to me, I can actually appreciate it.  Most
of the chart-toppers (I'm talking to you, Katy Perry) complete baffle my
musical sensibilities.

Much peace,
Claudia